Program Manager, IT Supplier Management
Apply now "
Date: Jul 7, 2019
Location: Watertown, MA, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through three operating segments: Engineered Systems, Fluids and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of 26,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
Developing successful relationships with key Information Technology supplier-partners to Dover and its Operating Companies is essential in the efficient sourcing, operation and support of Dover Information Technology services. The Program Manager, IT Supplier Management, will provide the leadership, strategic development, and execution of a successful supplier management program across Dover and its global operating companies. Primary responsibilities include: Coordination and administration of IT service provider relationships and contract negotiations; Oversight of vendor compliance due-diligence and administration; Monitoring and enforcement of contractual and operational agreements, including service level management and associated service credits; Development and management of supplier development plans through a continuous improvement lifecycle.
This position can be based out of Watertown, MA or Downers Grove, IL locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Identify, prioritize, lead and drive strategic and tactical supplier management initiatives
* Focus on aggregating and optimizing costs of global IT vendor spend while maintaining expected quality and timely service levels across all Dover Operating Companies
* Establish and maintain proper governance and controls for IT contracts and statements of work
* Ability to work well with vendors, internal constituents, and third party/internal compliance groups
* Ability to influence & lead vendor negotiations and/or facilitate discussions with vendors and internal requestors/customers
* Develop technical SLA's, based on industry best-practices and optimized for Dover operations; incorporate appropriate service level credits and rewards in supplier Agreements
* Resolve conflicts between Dover operating companies and supplier-partners throughout the vendor lifecycle
* Lead, develop and maintain standard processes for capturing and sharing knowledge and training across the team(s)
* Create periodic and ad-hoc executive updates reporting key team achievements and progress against plan, in a succinct format for an executive audience
* Influence, recommend, and drive enhancements within the VMO to support an ever-expanding, dynamic analytic delivery facility
* Improve supplier performance through risk mitigation, enhanced supplier relationships, negotiation of contracts, and the implementation of tools and methods such as supplier scorecards and periodic strategic relationship reviews
* Implement and strengthen company processes to improve supplier relationships, shorten lead-time for critical products and services, and leverage power of global operations to reduce costs and improve flexibility
* Define Supplier improvement roadmap through external benchmarking; obtain and analyze market intelligence such as supplier, customer and competitor data to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
* Be a valued member of the Digital and IT leadership teams, providing insight and guidance on Supplier Management programs of greatest significance to the IT and Digital communities
* Demonstrate commitment to industry standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance
Qualifications / Requirements/Desired Characteristics:
* Minimum of B.S. or equivalent in Information Technology (MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline) or Supply Chain Management or a relevant engineering, scientific or business discipline. Advanced degree, MS and/or MBA, is preferred
* 7+ years of working experience in Information Technology or Supply Chain with Information Technology focus
* Competency in risk assessment evaluation tools & techniques necessary for vendor evaluation and selection: scorecards, procedures, assessments
* Expertise with strategic sourcing processes: RFI, RFP, bidding, justification, negotiation and contracting
* Understanding of contracting processes and procedures including terms and conditions, pricing, statements of work, amendments, and NDA's
* Experience running complex, global projects with various stakeholders (multi-function / multi-region)
* Lean and Six-Sigma certifications a plus
* Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic environment
* Strong sense of urgency, accountability and highly objective oriented
* Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks, a self-starter with ability to problem solve proactively
* Impeccable organization and efficiency skills; strong attention to detail
* Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening
* Interfaces with wide array of individuals, balances multiple tasks and maintains positive attitude and energy
* Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win right
* Strong analytical skills; ability to think big, act small and scale fast
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Dover Corporation is a conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products.