Senior DevOps Network Security Engineer
Apply now "
Date: May 17, 2019
Location: Austin, TX, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands - Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can and 3rdEye - One Vision - to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover's commitment to operational and technical excellence makes it the world leader in the Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment markets. Dover is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under DOV. Learn more at www.dovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - 3rd Eye A Dover Company
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Director of SaaS Operations
Department: Software Engineering
3rd Eye is disrupting the traditional Fleet Safety Video Monitoring and Telematics industries with leading high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings for our customers. Fleet managers can watch live streams or review safety events instantly, from any device, to monitor their vehicle fleet. Our technology is the cornerstone of our industry and our customers use it to improve their fleet safety, operational, and maintenance performance.
The Senior DevOps Network Security Engineer provides a network centric focus on perimeter level defenses for critical assets throughout the Environmental Solutions Group (ESG). You are a cyber security expert with a network background, adept at architecture, deployment and management of Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems (IDS / IPS), Web Application Firewalls (WAF) within Amazon Web Services (AWS), and local networks. Automating Infrastructure as Code from a networking perspective is critical, as you'll design, plan and implement strategic and tactical security improvements across the ESG family of companies. This role will shape and drive networking architecture within our SaaS platforms, securing the success of our business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* Lead efforts on penetration testing, monitoring, design/architecture, and system security reviews.
* Automate network security services at the boundary layer.
* Works as part of the DevOps Team supporting cloud deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet, and other tools as appropriate.
* Support containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
* Create effective threat detection, alarming, defense and response automation.
* Create and manage VPNs including SSO implementations.
* Consult and act as subject matter expert (SME) to close vulnerabilities and exploits, ensuring compliance in all aspects of Cybersecurity, Data Security, and Disaster Recovery.
* Subject Matter Expert to software engineering; injecting security requirements and controls into the software development pipeline, ensure that security controls are implemented.
* Demonstrate expertise in mitigating real-world attacks, such as DDoS, XSS, CSRF, and dictionary attacks.
* Deploy and manage resource metering, and management strategy within the cloud.
* Effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders throughout the company.
* Create and maintain reliable, scalable, and secure solutions.
* Assure adherence to related SLAs for respective portions of the business.
* Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's Degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field is preferred.
* AWS Certified Advanced Networking.
* ITIL v3 or v4
* Related networking certifications such as Cisco CCNA or CCNP.
* CEH, CISSP, GPEN or other security related.
* 5 years of coding and scripting expertise including Bash, Powershell and Python.
* Strong Linux knowledge.
* NGINX automation.
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other containerization solutions.
* Experience deploying high availability, IoT framework and scalable applications.
* Proven experience and deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP, HTTP/S/2, TLS, HTTP/2, and common authentication schemes.
* Superb communication skills and adept proficiency at distilling complex concepts into tangible value-generating initiatives.
* Knowledge of cryptography and encryption products, data loss prevention, mobile device management.
* Knowledge of Cyber Security Frameworks (NIST, ISO).
Attract, Develop and Retain Talent
Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities - with both internal and external customers - to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Texas : Austin
Sub Division : 3RDEYE
Job Requisition ID : 27517
Dover Corporation is a conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products.