Embedded Engineer IV
Apply now "
Date: Jun 21, 2019
Location: Watertown, MA, US, 02472
Company: Dover Corporation
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a self-motivated, talented and experienced Embedded Software Engineer who understands the importance of developing high-quality software and can deliver engineering excellence to new products?
In this role you'll be… a part of a global, cross-disciplinary Agile team designing, implementing and validating embedded software for Markem-Imaje's future laser-marking and drop-on-demand printers.
You'll have an opportunity to… work with talented engineers from multiple disciplines in a global environment, creating the next generation of complex industrial printers.
You should possess… a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8 -10 years' experience developing software.
* Design and develop extensible and reusable software for embedded systems
* Drive quality and efficiency within the embedded software team by setting an outstanding example in terms of high quality design, code and validation in your individual work.
* Lead design reviews and drive improvements in design and code quality.
* Act as a liaison between cross-functional teams and as a spokesman for your software team.
* Advanced knowledge of C++ and Linux is required.
* Extensive experience with object-oriented programming, pair programming, memory management, distributed systems programming, multi-threaded programming and on-target debugging.
* Knowledge of embedded software development is a plus.
* Experience with C++11 features is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
Markem-Imaje - Watertown, MA, is an exciting expansion demonstrating our commitment to be the innovation leader in digital printing. This new, state-of-the-art, Global Design Center will be the hub for New Product Introduction of Laser- and DOD-based products. The office is situated close to Boston with easy access by car or public transportation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
About Dover Corporation
Dover is a conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products.