Software Engineer Lead
Apply now "
Date: Jun 24, 2019
Location: Watertown, MA, US, 02472
Company: Dover Corporation
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a self-motivated, talented, and experienced Embedded Software Engineer who understands the importance of engineering excellence to product development success?
In this role you'll be… part of a global, cross-disciplinary, Agile team designing, implementing, validating, and maintaining embedded software for Markem-Imaje current and future printers.
You'll have an opportunity to… work with talented engineers in a global environment, building complex products across a variety of printing technologies targeted to meet our customers' needs and the strategic objectives of Markem-Imaje.
You should possess… a Bachelor's or Masters' degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 8-10 years' experience developing software.
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
* Drive quality and efficiency within the embedded software team by setting an outstanding example in terms of high quality design, code, and validation in your individual work.
* Research, champion, and facilitate implementation and improvement of best practices and tools to improve team efficiency, effectiveness, and software quality.
* Interface with other engineering teams, stakeholders, and customers to understand the application space and business requirements.
* Lead and facilitate high-level software estimation to support business planning activities.
* Lead design reviews and drive improvements in design and code quality.
* Act as a liaison between cross-functional, multi-site teams.
* Use outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to lead and create efficient interfaces with 3rd party engineering partners.
Required Skills: Advanced knowledge of C++, functional decomposition, architectural viewpoints, UML/SYSML, design patterns, object oriented programming, pair programming, memory management, distributed systems programming, multi-threaded programming, on-target debugging, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, defect characterization, user story development, backlog management, revision control, continuous integration and deployment, automated build systems, release management, tech documentation, RTOS, micro-controllers, memory, peripherals, schematics, oscilloscopes/logic analyzers, Scrum, excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Preferred Skills: GCC, Visual Studio, Eclipse, JSON, XML, Python, Bamboo, SCONS, FitNesse, Lauterbach debuggers, and root cause analysis.
Markem-Imaje - Watertown, MA, is an exciting expansion demonstrating our commitment to be the innovation leader in digital printing. This new, state-of-the-art, Global Design Center will be the hub for New Product Introduction of Laser- and DOD-based products. The office is situated close to Boston with easy access by car or public transportation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Dover Corporation is a conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products.