IoT embedded Engineer
Apply now "
Date: Jul 12, 2019
Location: Watertown, MA, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through three operating segments: Engineered Systems, Fluids and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of 26,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
Dover is in the midst of large digital transformation and we recently opened up Dover digital labs in Watertown, MA. Working at the direction of head of IoT initiatives, IoT embedded engineer will design and develop hardware and software for making Dover products enabled for IoT. Will implement a range of complex hardware and software engineering assignments under supervision. Interfaces with multiple companies with in Dover and external customers.
Ideal candidate for this position, started career as hardware engineer with embedded software development experience and transitioned to work in Industrial IoT product development both on edge and enough to understand cloud connectivity and IoT cloud concepts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Leads IoT edge software solutions for Dover wide IoT initaitives.
* Designs and develops IoT edge software modules that interacts with sensors, wireless transmission devices.
* Designs and develops security components required to communicate device to device & device to cloud.
* Designs edge architecture for IoT platform and applications and selects edge hardware, appropriate RF protocols
* Develops and tests edge software to collect data from industrial products, process and transmit to cloud
* Programming Micro controllers and Edge Gateways
* Technical liaison for 3rd party engineering development, contract manufacturing, and RF and industrial hazardous compliance certifications.
* Leads in procuring the right off the shelf cost effective hardware/sensors. Analyzes and helps with buy Vs build decisions. Selects edge hardware products from appropriate vendors.
* Rigorous revision controls for documentation of all software and hardware specifications
* Assisting in the review and confirmation of system user manuals, as-built electrical/mechanical drawings, Bill of Material (BoM) lists, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and spare parts lists;
* Works to understand data analytic needs as they will execute within hardware/embedded software design parameters
* BS, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent in experience required. MS is a plus.
* At least five years' experience as a firmware engineer or micro coder using C#, C, C++ or Python on Windows and Linux.
* Working experience with embedded hardware (e.g.: AVR, Cortex-M, Raspberry Pi or Arduino)
* Strong fundamentals and working knowledge of securing devices in carious types of customer environments.
* Strong experience building embedded software using various device protocols (Modbus, CANbus, OPC-UA, MQTT…) and communication protocols (Zigbee, LoRA, BLE, WiFi, cellular…)
* Rapid prototyping PCB's including CAD design.
* Experience and comfort with lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes
* Familiarity with schematic/PCB layout software , Edge computing platforms and gateways.
* Experience with RF, certifications, measurement, testing.
* Familiar with encrypted polyglot persistence options on IoT devices for secure storage and transmission. Experience with encryption, security, and networking concepts;
* Strong analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
* Strong team player with the ability to collaborate and communicate with complex matrixed teams across the globe
* Able to work independently and provide updates to management
* Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills, for technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to travel to company locations or customers when needed.
Additional Skills: (Nice to have)
* Experience with MEMS based accelerometers a plus.
* 10+ years' experience in PCB design & development of released product. (Strongly preferred)
* Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google.
* Experience with databases such as SQLserver, MySQL
* Experience with building products with electronics components, sensors, actuators, and radio interfaces
* Familiarity with assembly language and reading sensor data sheets
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
About Dover Corporation
Dover is a conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products.