Associate Project Manager
Apply now "
Date: Jun 8, 2019
Location: Austin, TX, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Job Requisition ID: 28534
Department: Manuf. & Operations (DEPT_MFGOP)
Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), comprised of the most trusted names in the fuel industry, are global leaders in driving innovation for over 100 years. DFS, the industry's 1st end-to-end fueling solution, provides advanced fuel-dispensing equipment, including systems and payment, automatic tank gauging and wet stock-management solutions. The DFS business is comprised of industry leading brands including Tokheim, Wayne Fueling Systems, Fairbanks, ProGauge, ClearView and OPW Fuel Management Systems. We lead every market we serve with focused expertise, progressive thinking and customer-inspired innovation in order to push the boundaries of performance for our customers and shareholders. To learn more about DFS, visit www.doverfuelingsolutions.com. DFS is part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV).
Leads strategic sourcing project planning in for new product development, product refresh/enhancements, value-add/value engineering initiatives(VA/VE).
* Manages sourcing planning for new product development (NPD), product enhancements/refreshes, including cost analyses, perform analyses for make vs buy decisions, global capacity planning.
* Directs sourcing planning for certain Dover subsidiaries affiliated with North American Operations.
Candidate Experience and Qualification:
* Bachelors degree, MBA preferred.
* 5-7 years of project or program management experience in either technology or manufacturing companies.
* Demonstrated experience in supply chain management - identifying supply risk and implementing mitigation strategies, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated skill in quantitative analyses - financial, risk assessment, capacity planning.
* Experience in working with suppliers, contractors.
* Demonstrated interpersonal/ collaboration skills.
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word; experience with Oracle or similar ERP system preferred.
* Provides sourcing leadership in working within Project Core Teams for new product development, product refreshes/enhancements and correspondingly collaborating with category managers for development of sourcing planning, analyses and execution strategy.
* Organizes supply risk assessment - including identification, required planning, analysis and implementation.
* Employs high organizational skill for the Project Core Teams and Supply Chain personnel - ability to manage multiple projects, multiple schedules, while disciplined with execution.
* Demonstrated leadership attributes - strong listening skills, assertive, organized negotiator, enjoys taking initiative in problem-solving.
* Experience with project/program planning within a phased review process.
* Enjoys problem-solving, experience in lean practices and methodologies preferred.
* Ability and comfort with effectively/clearly communicating to work colleagues, management-level executives.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.
The information contained within this job description overview is not intended to be all-inclusive. Nothing in this job description restricts management or the company's ability to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities to or from this role at any time. This document is subject to change with or without notice.
Dover Fueling Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local law. Dover Fueling Solutions conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Texas : Austin
Dover is a conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products.