Principal UX Interaction Designer - Web Applications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: User Experience
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
We're creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
RingCentral is designing and developing the new generation of integrated communication products - telephone, video conferencing, messaging, and call center management software. Each of our products has a user who cares about them and the experience they provide. And, it's the job of the RingCentral User Experience Team to care about those users.
RingCentral UX is a global team of 30+ professionals, based at RingCentral HQ in Belmont, CA, and encompassing interaction design, visual design, research, and copywriting. We seek to be an evolving and inclusive UX Team with the people, skills, tools, and processes to inspire and design world-class product experiences while living the RingCentral FITE values. We work closely with local Product and Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Russia and Xiamen, China. Our team has a voice at the executive level of the organization, reporting directly to the EVP of Innovation. We deliver our initiatives in an environment of collaboration, high productivity, and low drama.
The Principal UX Interaction Designer is first an interaction designer. Strong visual design skills are a nice-to-have and not a requirement. You will work closely with one or more product teams to develop a point of view on our users, their challenges, and the product features we need to deliver in order to meet their needs. Then, knowing what we want to do, the Sr. Interaction Designer will design the interfaces we need to develop in order to deliver those features.
The successful candidate will have a deep portfolio of interaction design at all level of fidelity from rough sketches to final spec documents, with a specific emphasis on the kinds of complex design challenges common with enterprise software.
You work equally well with designers, product managers and engineers, and understanding the symbiosis that exists in a cross-functional team. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
This is not an entry-level position. You must be able to work independently on multiple projects, engaging at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive staff.
As a Principal UX Interaction Designer, you will:
* Work with Product teams to build a deep understanding of our product family and our various end user audiences
* Lead the design for specific web product feature initiatives
* Work with Visual Designers and pattern libraries to define how these features will be executed
* Act as key liaison with the global engineering teams responsible for the implementation of the designs.
* Promote a culture of empathy for the end user, as seen through the focus on business objectives
* Communicate your ideas to a broad audience
Your skills and experience:
* Experience on cross-functional design and development teams creating web-based products
* Proficiency in key design applications, and the knowledge of when to use which tools
* Pen and paper, whiteboard and marker
* Wireframes and Visual design tools, including Sketch
* Prototyping tools, including Sketch, Abstract, Invision, and Principle
* Communication tools, including Slack, QQ, and WhatsApp
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in a Computer Science, Interaction Design, and/or Visual Communication Design discipline (Masters' degree or equivalent work experience preferred)
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in digital product development such as apps, desktop, web, and/or digital ecosystems (7+ years preferred)
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented, and is committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.
RingCentral provides cloud computing-based phone systems to help small businesses manage mobile, fax and email communications.