Energy for what's ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Are you skilled at deploying innovative technologies to secure critical systems?
If so, imagine yourself making a difference as SCE's Principal Manager as we improve our Corporate Security Team
Our Principal Manager directs the strategic vision of SCE's physical security technology systems to support full compliance with present and evolving North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards. We need you to direct ongoing company-wide physical security technical programs and develop strategies that mitigate disruption of business processes, compliance risk or property loss through use of cost effective technology. You will also partner closely with IT and other organizational units to utilize both logical and physical security access controls, as well as improve identity management and information protection. The position is responsible for Corporate Security NERC CIP compliance for physical security critical cyber assets throughout SCE.
As a principal manager, you will establish relationships with corporate executives, as well as elements of internal partners such as Operational Compliance, Legal, Corporate Real Estate, Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Information Technology, and Enterprise Risk Management. Establishes and maintains important external relations with other utilities, and regulatory bodies such as Department of Homeland Security, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), NERC, Western Electric Coordinating Council (WECC), and Edison Electric Institute (EEI). The Principal Manager will represent the Corporate Security organization internally and externally in matters related to security technology and the long term planning for the deployment of protection systems for current and future SCE facilities.
Detailed stuff you will be doing……
* Provides leadership and guidance to security specialists and managers responsible for SCE's security functions as they relate to project management, technology, service maintenance; and systems administration for the design, installation, upgrade, and servicing of alarms, access controls, video cameras, intrusion detection, communication systems and all other types of physical security equipment.
* Conceptualizes and develops strategic technology initiatives and projects that further SCE's long-term physical security and NERC compliance readiness across the enterprise through cooperative relationships with Organization Units, support unit leaders and diverse technical specialists.
* Provides program guidance to develop the design, engineering and security system standards for our portfolio of electric and non-electric facilities including critical infrastructure.
* Recommends and/or approves departmental and corporate policies and procedures related to NERC CIP.
* Maintains awareness of new and developing security technologies, and identifies potential security risks through engagement with internal and external partners.
* Provides weekly/daily domain expertise on complex matters involving NERC compliance and security systems to department heads and executive management.
* Handles the management of third party contract providers, development of Requests for Proposals, and budget oversight.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications we need from you…..
* Experience leading design and implementation of an enterprise-wide security infrastructure or other complex compliance systems.
* 7 years of experience in management of security and/or systems engineering/technology projects, developing and executing project budgets, and handling third-party contracts.
* 7 years of experience managing, supervising, or leading a diverse workforce, staff, or team; to include large multi-functional project teams
* Broad and deep understanding of critical infrastructure protection requirements, physical security technology controls, threat assessments, and mitigation tactics.
* U.S. Government Secret clearance or higher, or be able to qualify for such a clearance.
* Experience with the full complement of the Microsoft Office Suite to include project management specific applications. (Access (desired), Project (or related), Visio (desired), Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Other qualifications that will set you up for success…
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science; or other related technical area of study with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Experience interfacing and collaborating with executive and senior management, peers, departments, regulatory agencies and external clients to develop solutions and ensure consensus.
* Experience conceptualizing and executing numerous and far-reaching physical security, technology programmatic initiatives.
* Experience leading large multi-functional project teams and leading multiple large projects at a time
* Strong leadership experience to lead a high-performing team, recruit and hire team members, and mentor employees and new leaders.
* Possess excellent, engaging, and persuasive communication / presentation skills (oral & written); both 1:1 and large audience.
* Master's Degree in an applicable field
* Certified Protection Professional (CPP).
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
* Certified Security Training Specialist (CSTS).
* 10 plus years' of experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security organization.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position. Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) and complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status. *LI-JS1
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.