ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology (IT)
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Solutions Architect position resides in the Enterprise Architecture department within Southern California Edison (SCE)'s Information Technology organization. The successful candidate will be accountable for supporting and driving technology solutions within the Enterprise technology portfolio to help lower cost, improve self-serve channels and increase operational efficiency and customer satisfaction in support of a digital utility.
* Supports the development of activities of the operating unit/portfolio business capabilities and direction and translates new business needs into solution architecture requirements, defines multiple solution options to new and maturing business capabilities and understands the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
* Coordinates and supports the development of solution architecture deliverables, approaches and guidance of overall Enterprise Architecture (EA) solution patterns, guides EA reviews/standards, gains acceptance of solutions, ensure that the solution under consideration supports the direction for the technology domain and informs key stakeholders of review outcomes.
* Provides embedded EA support and governance and monitors the work of project resources on strategic programs and projects as well as monitors and guides project resources when/if multiple projects are within a program.
* Understands and articulates the proper integration across the enterprise and influences key business stakeholders, process owners, and program and project managers to ensure that program/ project objectives are met while providing a first line of decision making on architectural governance issues.
* Educates plans, coordinates and communicates enterprise architectural principles at multiple levels of management including Project/ Program Manager and ensures compliance with EA governance standard as well as encourages component reuse.
* Coordinates with lead solution architects and Enterprise Architects to understand the appropriate business/portfolio direction and to ensure that the solution under consideration supports the direction for the business capabilities.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Seven (7) years of combined experience within Information Technology, operations, engineering, enterprise architecture, application development and/or technical related field.
* Client/customer facing experience in a presales engineering or technical consulting role.
* Experience working with large Enterprise systems in a very complex environment.
* Experience working with senior management, executives, and other stakeholders to identify opportunities.
* Ability to create high-quality presentations, proposals, statements of work, and assessment deliverables.
* Must have knowledge and experience in IT architecture and/or software and systems design/engineering disciplines and practices including industry standard approaches and frameworks.
* IT solution architecture experience.
* Knowledge of TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture Standards or Frameworks.
* Knowledge and experience with utility business processes and operations.
* Knowledge and/or experience of IT Service and Asset Management, business processes, and systems and other back office systems such as Finance, HR, Procurement, Legal etc.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation may not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.