The job …
As an Advisor you will lead our project efforts within the Systems and Analytics (S&A) group of the Energy Procurement and Management (EPM) organization including the development and advancement of our process automation and data management efforts. Within S&A the Information and Data Management group is responsible for data engineering and storage, master data management, and meter data management. You will help to advance the capabilities of the organization through small and medium size projects to expand the scope of our centralized data stores and to improve the quality and accessibility of the data. You will be responsible for coordinating diverse groups of stakeholders and consumers to ensure that their needs and requirements are captured and met by our data analytics platform and business process automation projects. You will facilitate the communication between the teams and ensure that they deliver their project contributions on time. You will provide consulting style support to our users who may not have a full understanding of the capabilities of our analytical tools and the breadth of the data that is available to them. Your understanding of the business and IT disciplines will enable you to act as a conduit between the groups to ensure mutual understanding. Daily activities of this role will involve managing multiple project work streams to produce project deliverables. You will gain a broad understanding of the entire Energy Procurement business, how the groups depend upon each other and how their data moves through our systems and data stores. You will be an active participant in company-wide data and analytics efforts.
Detailed stuff you will be doing...
* Responsible for project management of data and business process automation projects utilizing Agile Methodologies.
* Understand and contribute to the development of the Systems & Analytics vision and our technology roadmap. Support the development of business cases and project proposals.
* Apply Lean Six Sigma principles to develop and improve EPM business processes using automation tools.
* Understand key objectives and strategy of projects and align project milestones to project priorities. Communicate these priorities and milestones to the team.
* Communicate and collaborate with our Information Technology groups who are responsible for management of IT resources and managed service providers. Build a bridge between business and IT to improve their understanding of both sides of issues.
* Help develop, track and monitor project metrics on an ongoing basis.
* Lead project planning, deliver periodic communication to management and to stakeholders.
* Capture and lead project feedback and lessons learned.
* Be a champion of the EPM technology vision.
Qualifications you need...
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems or relevant technical discipline.
* Seven (7) years of experience in technical project management.
* Experience developing or enhancing complex business processes.
Other stuff you should have...
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
* Experience with business process automation tools such as Pega or UiPath preferred.
* Experience in utility industry and/or wholesale energy markets preferred.
* Transactional data store experience.
* Consulting experience with internal or external clients preferred.
* Hands-on experience with agile project management methods preferred.
* Passion: You love creating intuitive and breathtaking user experiences that exceed the needs of your users.
* Compassion: You show great insight for your audience
* Participation: You love working with a team and are eager to collaborate with business colleagues to find elegant but practical solutions to business challenges.
* Flexibility: You are deliberate about your project approach, and you rely on feedback from the team and users to improve on your delivery.
* Confidence: You love working with diverse groups and you are able to keep them on track towards meeting common business objectives.
* Life-learner: You take pride in learning, as well as sharing what you know with your teammates.
You should know...
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.