The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
About You …
* You are a natural problem solver who wants to grow in a flexible, empowered culture. * You are relentlessly curious and always asking "why do we do it this way?" * You are deeply analytical with an ability to critically think through complex business issues. * You have the ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships. * You are adaptable, thriving off variety and new challenges.
You will provide strategic, analytical, technical support for business and technology solution planning activities. Working closely with our IT planning teams and business clients to identify, collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation (using appropriate tools and models) from which business cases and initiative roadmaps are developed.
You will conduct business case development, designs presentations and performs business process analysis to ensure integration, communication, alignment and proper hand-offs.
Serving in this role, you will play a key role in soliciting and documenting business requirements as the team is moving to a Capabilities Based Model. You may act as a SME for our Customer Service, Power Supply and Enterprise organization's applications. You will perform problem analysis, direct implementation of resolution and mitigation. You will also ensure all appropriate IT and client's technology planning artifacts are completed.
Your Typical Responsibilities and Areas of Focus Will Include…
* IT Systems Business Analysis - Lead analysis of business requirements and the development of system requirements and design specifications to address complex business needs. Perform statistical analysis to support a wide variety of business initiatives to integrate work across relevant areas, develop business strategies and services, enhance client satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, execute business plans, and manage information. * Business Intelligence - Provide valuable input to business intelligence roadmaps and development plans. Including ad-hoc report development and data mining. * IT Technology Partnerships - Work with key business partners and IT teams, leads work to understand business priorities, identify strategic initiatives. Assesses business imperatives and goals and articulates them as Information Technology needs. Facilitates translation of business needs to develop business cases. Partner with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements. Identify gaps in the potential solution and communicate to stakeholders. * Project Management - Coordinate projects/programs, process improvement efforts, performance analytics/metrics, optimization, cost budgets, project resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Including the creation, tracking and coordination of the investment planning documents (Investment and project proposals). * Process Improvement - Handle the demand intake process and the identification and training on the use of appropriate tools to support the work intake and routing processes.
Qualifications you will need…
* Bachelor's degree. * Five (5) years of experience in defining system requirements, project scope, and performing cost/benefit analysis.
Other skills and qualifications that are a plus …
* Master's degree. * Experience with electric utility systems. * Ability to make effective decisions that meet business needs while minimizing risk and operating within company policies and all levels of regulations.
You should know …
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship. * Relocation does not apply to this position. * The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA. * There will be 2 vacancies for this posting.
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.