ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
As an Application Enhancements Manager, you are responsible for providing application services to meet SCE business needs. You will be managing a team responsible to prioritize and deliver enhancements to existing application portfolios (Customer Service, Energy Procurement & Management (EP&M), and IT) through service partners. You will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of all application enhancement activities. You will be responsible for establishing and managing processes, procedures, qualitative and quantitative metrics that demonstrate continuous business value improvements, accelerated delivery and DevOps adoption. You will also partner with IT managed service providers by developing and delivering services and monitoring governance of the services provided in a managed services model.
* Ensure demand management activities for understanding, anticipating, and influencing client demand for services and working of solutions to escalated demand management client concerns.
* Work with capacity management to ensure that the service providers have sufficient capacity to meet the required demand.
* Prioritize across the enterprise to ensure the highest - valued investments are sourced and completed.
* Manage monitoring and measurement capability for the performance of the IT services portfolio.
* Develop and enhance relationships with key stakeholders, actively manage their expectations and monitor satisfaction levels.
* Develop strong technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps, monitoring and management tool inclusive of deployment process and tools.
* Responsible for developing, coaching and mentoring application enhancement talent regarding DevOps lifecycle tools and services capabilities
* Accountable for ensuring the vision and implementation of DevOps effectively ensure visibility, reporting and IT services capacity demand management within the in the Applications Enhancements area.
* Facilitate and build an agile workflow process to ensure business requirement and technical requirements are clearly document and aligned.
* Accountable for cross functional team collaboration to ensure technology, projects and contract teams are prepared to introduce new services into operations.
* Develop & deliver clear, relevant, and timely communications to clients. Act as the primary connection between service delivery and the business.
* Identify demand conflicts and resolve escalation of conflicts, where appropriate for resolution.
* Provide management and strategic direction to the enhancement team.
* Accountable for enhancement scope for a given application portfolio in order to maintain the strategic view of the business, technology outcomes and how the on those outcomes. Establishes goals, negotiates, and develops plans.
* Oversee and focus on developing, maintaining, and performing: solution adoption, client service agreement management, portfolio management and optimization, investment case management, and portfolio risk and value optimization.
* Contribute service descriptions and service-level agreements (SLAs) for specific services to the organization.
* Participate in developing the service strategy for one or more services in the integrated services model.
* Understand IT service cost drivers and connects cost of service to consumption drivers.
* Monitor and governance of SLAs performance against service contracts.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Four (4) years' experience leading application team.
* Five (5) years of functional or technical experience in applications development enhancement.
* Working knowledge of IT architecture and IT governance.
* Prior DevOps or related experience with gradually increasing understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools.
* Prior Scrum/Kanban/SAFe Agile workflow methodologies.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.