Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
About this role:
Support the development of class III implantable stimulation and/or external programming and charging devices. Independently conducts development work as part of a major research and/or development project. Receives minimal technical direction/review on broad scope or complex projects. Viewed as an expert in one or more in-house technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
* Responsible for development of implantable and/or external BSC systems. Provide competitive advantage in performance, cost & quality.
* Organize, plan, track and close out design problems associated w/product performance in engineering, manufacturing and the field.
* Provide technical leadership for engineers and technicians. Coordinate design, documentation, implementation, test and production release activities of software team.
* Develop specs, designs, schedules and test plans related to product development activities and product upgrades.
* Participate in specifying, identifying and hiring the engineering and technical talent necessary to meet the project objectives.
* Use standard design processes to support product development and improve productivity. Facilitate process improvement within a specified discipline (e.g., design methodologies, standards & tool evaluation).
* Participate in and present at department level meetings, project status and problem solving results.
* Participate in budgeting process by providing input to direct supervisor relating to assigned project needs.
What we're looking for:
* Electronic/Computer, Embedded Software Development, Engineering Bachelor Degree Required
* Post-graduate or specialization is desirable
* A self-starter with 7+ years of experience in embedded firmware/hardware design, preferably in the medical device development field
* Experience developing firmware for a variety of 8, 16, 32 bit processors in C, embedded C++ and assembly languages
* Experience with test automation utilizing scripting languages such as python, PHP
* Demonstrated capabilities to develop reliable, low power, and efficient firmware-based systems that meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets.
* Experience with TI MSP430 and ARM micro-controllers is desired with expert understanding of scheduling and task management (single and multi-threaded task execution)
* Experience in managing peripheral devices over SPI. I2C, GPIO, etc.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 448644
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices.