Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
About this Role:
A Sr. Project Management opportunity within the Urology Pelvic Health Division. Manage the development and implementation of urology capital equipment systems (capital equipment and disposables) by utilizing a variety of new and proven technologies to deliver life-changing therapies/systems to patients and clinicians in support of BSC's mission. This role requires involving departmental and cross-functional team members focused on the delivery of new and existing products. The individual selected for this role will be working with team members across multiple BSC sites, as well as offshore sites.
Your responsibilities include:
* People Management: Manages large (often multi-project, multi-site) cross-functional development teams; leads teams effectively; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance. Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques. Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objective.
* Product/Technology Management: Manages the challenges of technology application and new product development; identifies, communicates, and manages moderate to high levels of technical risk.
* Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; builds team ownership and commitment to project plan; resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
* Project Scheduling: Estimates project effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools; develops and implements project plan using project management tools such as MicroSoft Project and ProChain while working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
* Process Management: Implements Technical Development (TDP) / Product Development (PDP); leads team to complete activities to current policies and practices; keeps documentation organized, and identifies process improvements affecting multiple projects.
* Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; liaison between the team and Senior Mangement; leads phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications. Communicates and influences resolution of cross-functional challenges.
What we're looking for in you:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years of experience (or Master's Degree in Engineering with 7+ years of experience) in product development
* Must have Capital or Systems level program management experience
* Strong leadership track record of large, complex medical systems that include capital and disposable product development
* Time management skills with ability to objectively monitor program health and communicate status
* Understand and present project financials
* Experience with financial forecasting and tracking budgets
* Experience working with global teams and offshore resources
* Ability to travel up to 20% (to BSC divisions and suppliers, both inside and outside the USA)
* PMP Certification
* Experience with medical device design controls
* Proven track record of leadership on more than one system level project
* Knowledge of Endoscopy and Urology therapy systems
* Experience working with contract manufacturers and/or material suppliers
* Experience using ProChain project management software a plus
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 448768
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices.