Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
About the role:
Responsible for providing Quality Engineering Input to support R&D activities that involve the development or use of software products.
Your responsibilities include:
* Working within a team of product software quality assurance engineers and actively contributing to all aspects of Software QA activities in an FDA-Regulated Class III Implantable Medical Device environment.
* Ensure the quality of cloud computing software systems, validate infra-structure and software requirements including security and compliances.
* Overseeing the design, development, and test of software related to cloud computing used in Boston Scientific Neuromodulation product lines during their entire development life cycle, from the requirements gathering phase to the product delivery phase.
* Verification and Validation activities, which encompass reviews of requirements, code and design reviews, Unit/ Integration tests, test automation, ad-hoc/exploratory test activities, risk management including Use and Design FMEAs.
* Creation and execution of validation protocols to perform system level validation of products and report any issues discovered.
What we're looking for:
* B.S. or M.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
* 3+ years of related work experience
* Hands-on experience with AWS cloud computing components. Example: S3, ECS, EC2, CloudWatch, etc.
* Must understand IT basic infra-structure designs like inbound/outbound connection, subnets, ACL, SSL, Certification Management, etc.
* Databases: SQL databases
* Experience with Node.js, Android SDK/NDK is a plus
* AWS certifications are a plus
* Knowledge of Bluetooth technology, and Cybersecurity is desired
* Experience working in a regulated medical industry is desired
* Basic academic knowledge of principles of neuromodulation is desired
* Understand aspects of HIPAA and GDPR compliance practices is desired
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle using Agile
* Must be detail oriented and have a passion to "Build Quality In" the products
* Must possess excellent organizational, clear verbal and written communication skills
* Must be team-oriented with people skills and positive can-do attitude in dealing with large number of customers, and several competing tasks from various departments.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 448739
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific provides medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.