Additional Locations: (n/a); US-MN-Arden Hills
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
Project Management Manager I
About the role:
* Unique opportunity in the Electronic Medical Equipment (EME) department to manage the development and implementation process of urology products and services.
* This role requires involving departmental and cross-functional team members focused on the delivery of new and existing products.
* The individual selected for this role will be working with team members in Arden Hills, MN and Marlborough, MA and reporting through Arden Hills, MN.
* Participate as a member of our EME product engineering team, supporting multiple urology BSC Products as a Manager I, Project Manager.
* Utilize a variety of new and proven technologies to deliver life-changing therapies/systems to patients and clinicians in support of BSC's mission.
* The position includes a variety of sustaining engineering and new product development opportunities.
* There is opportunity for future growth and leadership working with a global team.
* Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new and/or existing products.
Your responsibilities include:
* Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
* Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
* Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
* Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
* Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
* Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
* Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
* Works across multiple workstreams/sites with BSC personnel as well as global vendors and contract design/manufacturers
* May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals
* Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives
* May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more projects/programs.
* Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements)
What we're looking for:
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar Engineering degree with 5-years of engineering related experience
* Bachelor's Degree with 7-years of experience as an equivalent alternative
* Project management experience
* Lean business processes and problem-solving tools
* Experience working with global teams and offshore resources
* Financial forecasting and earned value chart compilation
* Ability to objectively monitor program health and communicate status
* Strong communications and time management skills
* Flexibility to travel on average 10-25% to BSC divisions and suppliers world-wide
* Experience with medical device industry standards
* Knowledge of Urology therapy systems
* Project Management training/certification (PMP)
* Experience with EME - specifically application in Urology therapies
* Experience in working with contract manufacturers and/or material suppliers
* ProChain tool experience for schedule management
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 447335
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific provides medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.