Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
Project Management Manager I
About the role:
* Unique opportunity in the Electronic Medical Equipment (EME) department to manage the development and implementation process of urology products and services. * This role requires involving departmental and cross-functional team members focused on the delivery of new and existing products. * The individual selected for this role will be working with team members in Arden Hills, MN and Marlborough, MA and reporting through Arden Hills, MN. * Participate as a member of our EME product engineering team, supporting multiple urology BSC Products as a Manager I, Project Manager. * Utilize a variety of new and proven technologies to deliver life-changing therapies/systems to patients and clinicians in support of BSC's mission. * The position includes a variety of sustaining engineering and new product development opportunities. * There is opportunity for future growth and leadership working with a global team. * Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new and/or existing products.
Your responsibilities include:
* Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort. * Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project. * Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans. * Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans. * Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings. * Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate. * Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques. * Works across multiple workstreams/sites with BSC personnel as well as global vendors and contract design/manufacturers
* May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals * Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives * May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more projects/programs. * Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements)
What we're looking for:
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar Engineering degree with 5-years of engineering related experience * Bachelor's Degree with 7-years of experience as an equivalent alternative * Project management experience * Lean business processes and problem-solving tools * Experience working with global teams and offshore resources * Financial forecasting and earned value chart compilation * Ability to objectively monitor program health and communicate status * Strong communications and time management skills * Flexibility to travel on average 10-25% to BSC divisions and suppliers world-wide
* Experience with medical device industry standards * Knowledge of Urology therapy systems * Project Management training/certification (PMP) * Experience with EME - specifically application in Urology therapies * Experience in working with contract manufacturers and/or material suppliers * ProChain tool experience for schedule management
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 447335
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices.