We're developing and implementing cutting-edge cybersecurity. We need your creativity, collaboration and commitment to help us combat advanced, persistent cybersecurity threats and improve our defenses to ensure our utility is protecting the electric grid and our customer information.
The job …
You will primarily be responsible for system based defense to support forensic analysis of compromised devices, endpoint log analysis, development, delivery, and enforcement of response and remediation activities across the organization. You will also be responsible for development of advanced mitigations to ensure defensive resiliency. Daily activities will include collection and analysis of potentially compromised systems, malware analysis, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts. In this role, you will work multi-functionally in a diverse teaming environment with various internal points of contacts and handoffs.
Detailed stuff you will be doing …
* Monitor relevant cyber threat feeds (DHS, ISAC's, Paid Threat Intel feeds, etc.)
* Analyze internal data feeds from alerting and monitoring tools to detect and prevent malicious adversary actions and misconfigurations.
* Maintain knowledge of adversary activities, including intrusion tactics, attack techniques and operational procedures.
* Stay apprised of typical threat actor Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP's) and design appropriate defense and mitigation strategies.
* Professionally communicate information related to breaches, intrusions, or compromised infrastructure or systems to appropriate partners and assist with the recommended defense and mitigation strategies.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications you need …
* Three (3) years' experience performing threat analysis and providing recommendations within a Cybersecurity Framework.
Other stuff that's nice to have …
* Bachelor's Degree in specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Experience supporting cyber defense analysis of Operational Technology (OT) Networks to include Integrated Controls Systems (ICS), SCADA, and Process Control Networks (PCN).
* Experience working in Security Operations Centers.
* Experience working with Incident Response and Cyber Threat Intelligence functions.
* Security , CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GICSP, GRID, etc.)
You should know …
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* There are 2 vacancies for this position.
* U.S. Citizenship required.
* We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks!
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.