ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology:
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
* Core Responsibility: Provides project management oversight and direction to project teams to ensure solution and service delivery of initiatives within the IT Enterprise Portfolio. Directs project planning (scope, schedule, and budget), project initiation, project execution, and project closure by adhering to SCE IT standards and processes. Experience in working in multiple projects simultaneously. Good experience of using Microsoft projects.
* Stakeholder Management: Partners and collaborates with multiple stakeholders at various levels of management including IT vendors, Telecom, Cybersecurity, Change & Release Management, Service Management, Operations, Finance, Supply Management, and clients. Understanding of Stakeholder determination and engagement models. Aligns multiple stakeholders to assess performance against project plans, issue resolution, and escalation; effectively communicates with all levels of management.
* Core Project Management: Manages all stages of the systems development life cycle, including analysis, estimation, design, evaluation, demonstration, construction, testing, implementation, and post-implementation support through warranty period. Understanding the V-Model of waterfall method. Ensures project outcomes satisfy requirements and quality targets. Monitors, measures and reports on project progress to management and clients. Leads forecasting, financial management, change management, risk management, and project tracking and controls for assigned projects. Management of tight and challenging project schedules. Understanding of Earned Value (EV), Planned Value (PV), Schedule Variance (SV), Cost Variance (CV), Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
* Project Cost Management: Manages project schedule and budget including cost plans, invoices, unit estimates, and work orders; develop 90% confidence in project estimates. Maintains project financials and ongoing project status in SAP and IT's project management tool. Understanding of Actual Cost (AC), Cost Variance (CV), Cost performance Index (CPI), To-Complete Performance Index (TCPI). Manages project dependencies including Change and Release management. Responsible for capacity planning, forecasting, and balancing of people resources across the business units, IT, and suppliers.
* Project Risk Management: Proactively and independently manages project risks and issues against project scope, timeline, and budget. Utilizes project controls to ensure quality delivery of key project artifacts, including monitoring of quality and project performance metrics. Understanding of Qualitative and Quantitative risk management methodologies.
* Project Communication Management: Conducts and participates in regularly scheduled project team meetings and Sponsor updates to provide general status on project deliverables, milestones and overall project work. Timely updating of status reporting and communications across stakeholder groups. Objectivity and brevity of communication of expected.
* Agile Project Experience: Experience in managing projects in Agile setting. Understanding of Sprints, Minimum Viable Products and Kanban boards. Experience in estimation using story points. Understanding of control charts, burn down and burn up charts. Understanding of Agile principles and processes. Preferably certified in Agile (PMI-ACP) and experience with usage of UMT360, JIRA and Confluence.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Seven (7) years of experience supporting or leading Software projects or key business initiatives.
* Three (3) years of experience managing successful implementation of projects against scope, schedule and budget.
* Three (3) years of experience managing project quality, including quality assurance, metrics and quality controls.
* Two (2) years of professional work experience managing suppliers, service contracts, project metrics, and contracts to meet project objectives.
* Experience in managing projects in Agile setting.
* Five (5) years of experience working in as an IT Project Manager in a regulated industry.
* Two (2) years of IT portfolio and customer relationship management experience.
* Professional training and certifications consistent with Project Management including Six Sigma, ITIL, PMP and/or Agile or Scrum certification.
* Experience in working in multiple projects simultaneously and using Microsoft project as a tool to manage execution.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.