Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Edison Carrier Solutions (ECS), an organization of Southern California Edison (SCE), is a high-reaching local exchange carrier focused on the wholesale carrier and large business market offering high capacity telecommunications transport, Internet and special access services. Our customers are regional, national and international telecommunication carriers, cable television and satellite providers, wireless companies, internet service providers, governments and large and medium enterprises.
You are a Telecommunications professional with a passion for serving in a data centric Network Engineering & Operations role. You are an adaptive standout colleague, able to provide tier 3 technical support while solving highly complex technical Telecom Infrastructure installation/ maintenance/ support matters. You have good communication skills, with the keen ability to serve as a key liaison between SCE, our clients, and as our advocate with vendors. You wear many hats. You are part technical guru, trainer, and
You will serve as the Transport Network Senior Specialist resides in the System Operations group within Edison Carrier Solutions. Providing Tier 3 technical support to the Telecom Control Center and field personnel for ECS network technical issues. In this key role, you will provide in-depth analysis, and troubleshooting of the highest level of technical complexity in the installation, maintenance, and support for ECS Telecommunication Infrastructure. One of your core responsibilities will be to ensure the high performance and availability of ECS Telecom Infrastructure, along with the projects and applications it supports.
Your key activities and areas of focus:
Performance Analysis, Troubleshooting & Support:
* Perform in-depth analysis of telecommunications issues and developing solutions to complex problems.
* Use EMS to monitor the real time operation of the network and responding appropriately to alarms, alerts and other informational messages.
* Apply periodic system upgrades, patches, and improvements to network elements and the element management system to improve performance and correct anomalies.
* Collect and report daily performance data from the network in order to recognize performance trends and respond accordingly.
Serve as Key Liaison & SME:
* Provide consultation to ECS clients on the subject of telecommunications; providing technical engineering and architectural assistance to project teams.
* Provide technical training, mentorship and direction to telecommunications construction, maintenance and Telecommunications Control Center (TCC) or Network Control Center (NOC) personnel in support of installing, diagnosing, repairing, and testing of ECS Network Systems and Circuits.
* Coordinate with and interact as an advocate with equipment vendors to resolve technical issues as and troubleshoot with vendors, customers, and peers, and perform root cause analysis.
Project Management Participation:
* Perform site inspections on recently completed construction projects.
* Schedule and track various Preventative Maintenance activities.
* Verify and update various engineering and systems, drawings and data bases on customer orders and projects;
* Implement changes to new or existing products, features and or systems.
* Be responsible for creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
Qualifications you need …
* Five (5) or more years of experience in Transport and Network Engineering, design, configuration, network analysis, troubleshooting, testing, consulting, and providing recommendations on telecommunications systems.
* Three (3) or more years of experience in a Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support and operations role.
* Two (2) or more years of experience with:
* IP Protocols, MPLS, OSI Layers, DNS, Network Management and Element Management Systems.
* Network engineering, L2, L3, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, Multicasting, IP Network, Switching, Routing, VPN, Firewall, Load Balancing
* IP subnetting
* Experience testing, provisioning, and troubleshooting Optical Carrier Technology including SONET, DWDM, TCP/IP routed data and Carrier Ethernet.
* Experience working command-line interface or command language interpreter (CLI), also known as command-line user interface, console user interface and character user interface (CUI).
* Able and willing to act as on-call duty.
Other qualifications and skills that will set you up for success …
* Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
* Certification in Project Management or Project Management Professional (PMP).
* Certification CCNA or CCNP
* Experience performing as a lead in the timely resolution of outage events and incident analysis and response.
* Valid driver's license and be able to travel throughout SCE service territory in own personal vehicle.
* Experience in network technology infrastructure design, evaluations and/or deployments with large impact.
* In-depth working knowledge of telecommunication systems and networks and be highly skilled at problem solving and communicating complicated ideas and issues to multiple internal partner organizations.
* Advanced computer skills (MS WORD, EXCEL, LOTUS NOTES, and MS ACCESS) and the ability to communicate complex information in a useful manner.
* Experience in the Electric Utility industry and its regulatory environment.
* Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to improve customer satisfaction and productivity, handle risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, handle information, and provide extraordinary service to internal and external customers.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation is not available for this position.
* The primary work location for this position is Pomona, CA; however, you may also be asked travel to SCE facilities throughout the SCE territory.
* This position may require additional on-call support (during off hours on a rotational basis).
* We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
* This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.