ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Planning & Scheduling Service Lead resides in the IT Service Management Office & Operations (SMOO) organization. The IT SMOO is principally responsible for managing and maintaining the stability of SCE's IT Operations. Additionally, it oversees the functions of Application Services, Infrastructure Services, Service Portfolio Integration, and the Integrated Service Desk through our contractual agreement with Managed Service Partners, product vendors, and professional services agreement with external suppliers. As the Planning & Scheduling Service lead, you will facilitate, align, and coordinate operational services for projects across IT and its partners.
You will be tasked with:
* Collaborating across functional IT leads and service operations managers to understand the demand pipeline, project needs and solution approaches. Work closely with the project teams and be an active member throughout the investment planning cycle and represent operations in these sessions. Facilitate the estimation of the projects and ensures to get the services incorporated into the plan.
* Translate the project needs to IT services that can be fulfilled by internal and/or managed services providers, in order to provision the operational support services required to support all IT projects. Work with Plan and Delivery organizations in facilitating their requirements through managed service providers to ensure timely delivery on service commitments. Collaborate with Service Management and service providers to drive stakeholder value and project delivery.
* Work as an adviser and a catalyst to adopt Agile methodology where applicable. Help develop the organization´s capacity to use Agile as a strategic business asset, including culture change, and work with various organizational level to facilitate the Agile practices and collaboration within IT team. Work with Plan and Deliver teams to determine the mode of project execution (Agile/Waterfall) based on the project requirement.
* Partner with IT Digital Enablement teams to drive digital adoption in IT/Business operating units. Additionally, partner with major programs such as CSRP and Grid mod to cultivate planning and scheduling and operational support practices.
* Work in diverse teams supporting multiple stakeholders between internal, vendor and external partners as well as SMEs that span across multiple location. Interact with IT delivery, project and service managers, technology teams (Architects, Design Engineers, infrastructure engineers and application teams.
* Implement and maintain integrated project dashboard that depicts the project pipeline and IT service commitments to those projects. Effectively communicate with the leadership and the SMOO organization regarding projects and their impact to SMOO operations.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Ten (10) years of project management experience.
* Three (3) years of experience in leading cross-functional teams and/or projects.
* Experience in representing IT and IT solutions to clients or end customers.
* ITILv3 certification(s) or experience working with the ITILv3 methodology.
* Project Management Certification.
* Experience standing up new processes, best practices championing the initiatives and communicating to internal and external teams.
* Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, and prioritization.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.