Energy for what's ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the creative ideas and projects that craft the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, crafting and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Cybersecurity Threat Intel Specialist is primarily responsible for system based defense to support forensic analysis of compromised devices, endpoint log analysis, development, delivery, and enforcement of response and remediation activities across the organization. Candidate will also be responsible for development of advanced mitigations to ensure defensive resiliency. Daily activities will include collection and analysis of potentially compromised systems, malware analysis, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts. In this role, the candidate will work multi-functionally in a diverse teaming environment with various internal points of contacts and handoffs.
Typical Responsibilities include:
* Monitor relevant cyber threat feeds (DHS, ISAC's, Paid Threat Intel feeds, etc).
* Analyze internal data feeds from alerting and monitoring tools to detect and prevent malicious adversary actions and misconfigurations.
* Maintain knowledge of adversary activities, including intrusion tactics, attack techniques and operational procedures.
* Stay apprised of typical threat actor Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP's) and design appropriate defense and mitigation strategies.
* Professionally communicate information related to breaches, intrusions, or compromised infrastructure or systems to appropriate stakeholders and assist with the recommended defense and mitigation strategies.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field performing threat analysis and providing recommendations within a Cybersecurity Framework
* Bachelor Degree in specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Security , CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GICSP, GRID, etc.)
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* U.S. Citizenship required
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.