The Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects product marketing for Twist Bioscience product portfolio serving the Next Generation Sequencing community. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working in collaboration with strategic collaborators, product development, production and commercial team to deliver disruptive products.
- In collaboration with the commercial team, the NGS product manager will own and be responsible for growing the NGS product portfolio
- Work closely with customers and strategic partners to gather input to develop disruptive new products
- Develop detailed product strategy and roadmaps to meet company financial and strategic objectives
- Build business plans and strategy for the sequencing application area that include opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to support successful product adoption
- Deliver on an ongoing basis NGS product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Work very closely with development teams to ensure successful implementation of product requirements and drive product development to commercial launch
- Provide input to partnership opportunity assessments
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Train the sales teams and support selling activities as appropriate, including development of sales tools and collateral
- Create content collateral and product messaging to convey value proposition to target markets
- Manage collaborations with key partners and customers to rapidly develop innovative NGS solutions and support broader product adoption
- Track record of success defining and launching products in the NGS marketplace with a deep knowledge of targeted sequencing preferred
- Understanding of sequencing technologies, workflows including current and future applications with particular strength in targeted sequencing
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, development, and sales teams
- Demonstrated track record of managing high profile collaborations that deliver successful products
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience in the life sciences or related field, with >5 years in product management/marketing positions
- Degree in molecular biology, engineering or associated scientific field required. Ph.D., MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Hands on, high energy, positive attitude with a can do attitude that gets it done
- Ability to travel up to 30%
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience athttps://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Biosciences is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer.
About Twist Bioscience
Innovative silicon-based DNA synthesis from Twist Bioscience, a synthetic biology company. Twist Bioscience makes high-quality gene synthesis, oligo pools, exome, NGS target enrichment, variant libraries and other synthetic DNA tools.