Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Member of Technical Staff
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure systems for the cloud? The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is building new technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers depend on our work to run their businesses and our mission is to provide them with the best in class set of cloud-based services.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems within large scale, global platforms. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. This is an exciting time in our journey - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience building and implementing features in distributed, cloud native systems. You should be both a rock-solid coder and be passionate about distributed systems and automation. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
* 1 years experience building features for highly available, cloud based distributed systems
* Demonstrated skill in a modern programming language such as Java, C, C , C#, Go, or Python, with additional proficiency in additional languages preferred
* Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
* Demonstrated understanding of data models and distributed persistence technologies
* Demonstrated understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
* Basic troubleshooting skills for distributed systems
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
* Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, Lambda, Dynamo and S3 or equivalents
* Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
* Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
* Experience with big data solutions
* Direct experience with fleet orchestration for both virtual and containerized workloads
* Working familiarity with building secure software using modern security principles
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. A BS or equivalent experience relevant to functional area required. 1 years of software engineering or related experience required.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.