Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As we move to building the Next Gen of Oracle Sales Cloud, we are looking for an extremely talented software architect to define, design and drive a scalable streaming data pipeline for building event driven applications. This will be the backbone for building various applications like responsive interactive UIs, batch processing jobs, micro-analytics etc.
The candidate should not only possess excellent hands on technical skills in building data pipelines, but also top notch domain skills, ability to sell the vision and influence stakeholders across the organization. The candidate will get an opportunity to build this architecture starting at the Ground Floor, hence providing immense opportunity for visibility and scope for being part of something extremely important for the business.
* Accountable for design and architecture of a highly scalable data platform for enterprise needs
* Design frameworks for scaling out the data pipeline for the entire organization to build applications on.
* Design and choose data stores for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements.
* Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
Experience / Skills
* Extensive experience in building data pipeline using Kafka. This includes configuration, scalability and design principles for data publishers / consumers.
* Streaming frameworks like Apache Flink, Kafka Streams.
* Knowledge of data technologies like Spark, Hbase is highly desired
* Understanding tradeoffs and solving complex problems in distributed systems.
* Shipping microservices using container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
* Experience with ML is a plus
* Prior experience in using GraphDB like neo4j or titan is a plus
* Strong inter personal and presentation skills along with an ability to influence and build consensus
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.