Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether its digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Title: Jr. Helpdesk Technician (Entry Level)
The role of the Jr. Helpdesk Technician is to provide first line support for all staff at our Germantown campus, as well as to subsidiary locations and remote workers. The Jr. Helpdesk Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in person (for walk-in customers) and self-service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
* Assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
* Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
* Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
* Install and configure new IT equipment. Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
* Resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
* Maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner. Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
* Be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
* Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
* Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
* Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary.
* Minimum: Completed Associate Degree in Computer Science and Technology, or Certificate in Information Technology, or equivalent technical degree.
* Preferred: Completed Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Systems or equivalent technical degree.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MAC client operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office.
* Previous Experience within a customer service role.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
* Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
* Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
* Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA's.
* Excellent knowledge of Customer Service best practice.
* Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.