Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Title: IT Project Manager
* Responsible for schedule, cost and resource management, for various assigned projects within the Maven portfolio of Information Technology; and ensuring alignment with IT standards and strategies. Accountable to manage IT projects, programs and portfolios using industry based, IT EPMO defined and regionally governed PM methodologies, best practices, processes and tools across a number of PM functional areas. Responsibilities include managing project/program scope, time (schedule), integration, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement activities and other PM deliverables. Develop and maintain relationships with Business Unit leads and Development teams to manage expectations of service, including work products, timelines, and the value to be delivered for those projects and programs.
* The selected candidate will be responsible for leading medium-to large scale IT projects or elements of multiple small-scale IT projects supported by the PMO. The selected candidate will manage Project Team Members (e.g., analysts, coordinators, technical resources, etc.) and work with the leadership team in the implementation and use of project management best practices (artifacts, procedures, processes, templates, tools) that are owned by the EPMO/PMO to support the planning and execution of the project(s) within his/her control.
* He/she, under the supervision of the PMO Manager, Program Manager or Senior Project Manager, is accountable and responsible for managing all aspects of a medium-to-large scale IT project or multiple, small-scale IT projects to ensure project results contribute to positive business value and meet agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives. This involves looking outside of project boundaries for integration and interdependencies to achieve project goals. It also involves conveying to the project team the importance of the project within the bigger picture, including the larger program and organizational performance objectives.
* Through structured governance, the appropriate candidate shall enable appropriate initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing for the project to achieve program benefits. He/she will establish and communicate project goals and direct team activities. The PM is responsible for activities pertaining to managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement.
* The role adheres to established project management methodologies (such as waterfall & Agile) and standards while carrying out additional administrative responsibilities as well. This includes applying SDLC processes to his/her assigned projects and ensuring alignment with IT standards and strategies.
* Works under broad direction.
* Full accountability for own technical work or project/supervisory responsibilities.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
* Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
* Work is often self-initiated and self-directed.
* Influences clients, suppliers and peers within our industry niche/specialization.
* Significant responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
* Decisions impact on success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
* Develops business relationships with the client(s).
* A wide range and challenging variety of complex technical or professional work activities.
* Work requires application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
* Understands relationship between detailed and wider client / organizational requirements.
* Tries to use best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services.
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
* Requires in-depth healthcare & technical knowledge and work experience.
* Decisions guided by policies, procedures, contracts and business plans.
* Skilled in software implementation, data migrations, conversions, and release management.
* Support the Program Manager or PMO in the creation of project charters, RFP project schedules and associated project plans.
* Maintain relationships with Business Unit leads and leadership to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those project(s) under his/her domain.
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex project management and leverage knowledge of Conduent business to identify risk and evaluate impacts on the business.
* Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members, and use current tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables while applying to projects.
* Ensure appropriate involvement of all stakeholders for the project
* Consistently apply the organizational project management standards and methodologies defined by the EPMO/PMO to assigned projects.
* Accountable and responsible for activities pertaining to managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement for the project.
* Track project health, status and budget; and prepare reports to all stakeholders.
* Identify, monitor and control the interdependencies between activities and deliverables with a project
* Proactively identify and manage risks and issues pertaining to the project.
* Identify the projects financial sources and resources. Manage the budget and control costs for the project, as per the contract(s).
* Ensure appropriate governance practices are in place to monitor and control the project
* Track the progress of project activities and deliverables and the non-project work to the consolidated project benefits.
* Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope statements, risk assessments, budgets and IT Value discussions.
* Recommend prioritization of projects and ensure approvals follow the governance process.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience, leading medium-to large scale IT projects or elements of multiple small-scale IT projects.
Nice to Have
* PMP Certification
* ITIL Certification
* Bachelor's Degree in IT or similar field; or equivalent work experience
* Experience in the Healthcare field
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.