Michaels Stores, Inc.
Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, with more than 1,300 stores in the United States and Canada. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect - CRM/ Salesforce Marketing Cloud located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
Who are we looking for?
This role is a technical leader who is excited about delivering technology-enabled solutions to deliver business value. This position will be responsible for the solution design for one or more application areas in our Marketing business tower, specifically using Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the IT architecture view of their designated application area(s). You will work with other architects to ensure solutions are designed to standards and meet the company's overall strategic objectives.
This position requires a strong knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture components (sales, service and marketing clouds) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) applications and best practices. Retail business processes experience is a plus.
How will you do it?
Solution Design Strategy (50%)
* Help business identify and qualify business development opportunities leading to Solution Roadmaps
* Translate changes in business direction that can have impact on Roadmaps and IT initiatives into actionable IT activities
* Lead design of Solution Roadmap in designated area.
* Works with application tower to understand strategy and related objectives
* Subject matter expert on solutions in designated area; understanding all technologies, business processes interfaces to other solutions and functional areas.
* Designs standardized and integrated solutions to allow for easy support and upgrades
* Drives lifecycle of solutions to ensure they follow the solutions roadmap
Project Framework (30%)
* SME on solution related projects in designated area
* Heavily involved in Discovery and Design phases of project
* Produces solution and migration paths to show evolution of system/application from baseline state to target state
* Ensures changes are within standards and documented appropriately
* Drives solution development according to architectural standard and within scope
* Explores alternative approaches and solutions to gain support and acceptance by team
* Works with Infrastructure and Security team to ensure technical solutions meet company standards
Governance and Oversight (10%)
* Participates with extended Architecture Review Board (eARB) to review all system/application changes to ensure designs are within standards and aligned strategically.
* Maintains documentation of solutions in designated area.
Leadership General Responsibilities (10%)
* Provide support to team members as needed to ensure completion of activities in a timely manner
* Logically breaks down problems in to essential elements; carriers out diagnosis and develops solutions
* Lead assigned resources to support business project needs
What you will need to do your job...
* Bachelor's degree (preferred focus on Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance)
* 5+ years' experience in progressively responsible IT positions; leadership or relevant areas of business
* Minimum 3 years' experience with CRM and Customer Service technologies preferably Salesforce.com
* Retail systems or business experience
* Retail systems implementation experience
* Expert knowledge and experience with IT systems implementations
* Ability to define and communicate the big picture in terms of the solution - both functional and technical components.
* Business communication skills - both verbal and written
* Knowledge of software or hardware design, selection and deployment techniques and methodologies
* Awareness and understanding of application of architecture design methodologies and frameworks
* Knowledge of at least one IT technology domain included software development languages and platforms, infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, networking technologies, security frameworks and tools
* Awareness of various architecture support tools such as Orbus, Troux, System Architect, ProVision and MS Office tools used in the practice of architecture such as Visio, Excel, Work and PowerPoint
* Knowledge and ability to apply principles of application and infrastructure architectures, including the distinction between contextual, conceptual, logical and physical layers
About Michaels Stores, Inc.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.