Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager - Desktop Support located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
The Manager - Desktop Support works to ensure smooth delivery of services and technology to the end user. This position will be responsible for project management oversight and delivery for internal technology and business projects. The manager will also be responsible for leadership and coaching of onsite staff with respect to end user service delivery.
* Own IT service management practice, maintenance and support for the Service Center computing environments including PC hardware/software, MAC hardware/software and AV systems.
* Ensure jobs assigned to the Desktop support group are managed and completed within targets outlined by the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and quality checking and auditing of work carried out by the desktop team.
* Drive and own the incident resolution and recovery process for desktop support.
* Monitor and identify trends or irregular activities on issues logged with the Desktop Support group that could relate to potential IT issues.
* Manage the relationships with major service providers including hardware, software and services.
* Own responsibility for the configuration and maintenance of end user system operating systems and associated configuration elements.
* Responsible for the smooth operation of daily IT operational processes for end user support services.
* Lead the effort to establish operational processes for patching, updates and upgrades to end user hardware and operating systems.
* Set procedures and processes in line with standards within the IT desktop environment.
* Ensure key ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) based metrics are in place to measure and enforce service delivery.
* Ensure targets outlined by the SLA and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are achieved.
* Manage relationship and service delivery of company-wide end user support.
* Provide advice and consulting to senior management and the business areas in the development, implementation, and administration of end user services.
* Oversee project delivery activities as required to meet business and IT plans.
* Manage expense budget according to plan.
* Act as a primary point of contact for escalation from a Desktop Support level in times of major system outages, supplier issues and conflict resolution with customers.
* Lead the audit controls and implementation or remediation efforts for IT End User Support.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Degree
* ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
* Applicable Industry certifications
* In depth understanding of retail POS systems and associated peripherals
* IBM 4690 POS preferred; Windows Operating Systems
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Windows XP and Windows 7
* 1 year of Senior level experience in similar role preferred
* 5 years' experience in Information Systems, in a retail environment preferred.
* Strong project management experience
* Budget management
* Leadership skills required to guide and assist other team members to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery of Deployment task.
* Strong technical background and logical analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
* Exceptional customer service, listening, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must be open/able to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
* Maintains regular and reliable levels of attendance
* Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced support environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to easily and effectively interact with technical, non-technical, support, and business staff at all levels is necessary.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
* Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.