The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Systems Analyst located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
The Sr. Systems Analyst works independently to function as a liaison between the business community and the technical community for a designated area. Responsibilities include gathering, clarifying, translating and defining business requirements into specific system requirements and providing technical knowledge leadership and support. Also support the Business team in getting day-to-day users issues resolved on timely manner. The Sr. Systems Analyst is also responsible for providing guidance as needed to Systems Analysts, Developers and external consultants.
Planning, Analysis Design:
* Independently gather business requirements. * Develop and recommend functional solutions and business process changes where applicable. * Conduct design/code review sessions.
Testing User Acceptance:
* Develop test plans, strategies and test cases. * Lead and communicate defect prioritization and management. * Obtain user sign off and track change requests. * Lead user acceptance/training phase of projects. * Compile testing results and track issues. * Provide general support for the business during user acceptance testing.
* Provides support for business during implementation and ongoing support. * Assist in training activities. * Assists in the project close and transition of the project to the support team.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree or experience * Computer Science, Business or related field of study * Strong proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project * Additional technical skills may be required based on area of support * 5+ years experience in the following: * test strategies, test plans, test execution * Gathering requirements and in documenting business, process and data flows * Systems development life cycle including issue, risk and scope management
* 2+ years of experience in Agile Methodologies * Scrum Master * Product Owner
* Customer service focused
* Scrum Master * Syteline 9 analysis * Business experience a plus * Manufacturing in a B2C and B2B environment
About Michaels Stores, Inc.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.