Michaels Stores, Inc.
Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, with more than 1,300 stores in the United States and Canada. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Developer - Systems Integration located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
Michaels is seeking an ETL Developer to join the Systems Integration team. This position will be responsible for developing, optimizing, maintaining ELT codes. Responsibilities will include design, code creation, testing, deployment, build/release, technical documentation and technical support.
How you will do it:
Development: Expected development activities include working on Big Data development from an approved project features and enhancement. Duties include, but are not limited to, coding, applying proper programming standards, documenting major changes from core functionality, etc.
Support: Expected support activities include ensuring the proper maintenance stability of all applications in scope. Duties include, but are not limited to, ongoing ticket review, communicating status of resolution, impact analysis, end-to-end ticket resolution, etc.
Platform Governance: Expected platform governance activities include ensuring safe-use of Big Data resources. Duties include but are not limited to, reviewing/mitigating/resolving of error logs performance issues, etc.
Standards Compliance: Expected standards compliance activities include ensuring the well-regulated use of the Big Data application. Duties include but are not limited to, managing audit trail of all production changes, ensuring the latest SDLC standards, ensuring Big data best-practices are
* 3-5 years of Information Technology experience working with a focus on data across traditional data warehouses and big data ecosystem
* 4+ years of experience in building and optimizing big data pipelines with Talend Big Data Studio is preferred, other ETL product experience will also be considered.
* Experience in Retail domain will be an added advantage
* Passionate about staying current with new and evolving technologies with a focus on Big data
* Strong SQL skills and experience with NO SQL databses
* Strong knowledge of Linux and Bash, intermediate Shell programming skills
About Michaels Stores, Inc.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.