Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a CRM Program Manager located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?The CRM Program Manager will be responsible for managing all CRM tactics. This role will be focused on developing project plans, defining processes, and acting as the cross-functional lead to ensure requirements and timelines are met. The ideal candidate has experience in both project management that spans across all departments within an organization and marketing campaign strategy and implementation.
The role is part of a small, agile-based team that is accelerating marketing personalization at Michaels - a key initiative of the company with high visibility of Executive Leadership. This is a highly visible, hands-on position that not only executes against a plan but also enables the candidate to partner with leads on the team and across the organization to develop ideas and solutions that will drive increased value and move Michaels toward becoming a leading retailer in this capability.
* Manage multiple project timelines in parallel inclusive of providing a daily project status, keeping owners accountable for deliverables and deadlines and escalating any risks or dependencies. Project will span across departments and deliverables including IT, Data, Marketing, Ecommerce and more.
* Build detailed project plans and timelines for all tactics on our strategic roadmap
* Lead and document any process changes and implementation that are needed as a result of new implementations
* Outline solutions to for cross-functional org changes needed or gaps in resources based on new implementations/processes
* Help bridge any communication gaps between different departments and ensure alignment on project plans and deliverables
* Deliver solution-based recommendations when issues arise on projects to help keep team on track or adjust as efficiently as possible
* Generate bi-weekly dashboard on project status for stakeholder meetings
* Lead team stand up meetings acting as Scrum Master - keep track of progress and roadblocks as well sending recaps following the meeting
* Help outline meeting agendas, capture note and share recaps
* Manage project budget inclusive of outlining recommended resource allocation by quarter, helping drive the budget approval process, processing invoices, onboarding new vendors, etc.
* Manage the onboarding of new vendors inclusive of setting up kickoffs, routing through legal and finance, coordinated project plans, etc.
* Must act as the "glue" that can hold all of the pieces together across groups and in a fluid, fast moving environment.
* Must be comfortable with agile and fluid environment
* Responsible for creating a Project Document Repository (e.g Sharepoint) to house the key documents
How will you do it?
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or in a related field
* 5+ years of experience in a project management, traffic or operations role
* 1-2 years of experience in marketing implementation (preferably omni-channel)
* Experience with agile project management
* Experience setting up and using project management software i.e. Tello, Jira, MS Project, etc.
* Ability to manage longer running processes and projects
* Ability to keep these on the radar and ensure progress is being made, even if not a current, urgent/burning item.
* Experience working closely with IT, Creative, Developers and Data Analysts to implement technology or launch deliverables
* Has a high level of ownership
* Proactive, solution-oriented strategic thinker comfortable with decision making
* Ability to prioritize own work, as well as the team's work, based business objectives and relative urgency in the organization
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills
* Incredibly organized with strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience in mass retail industry
* Experience with Sharepoint
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.