This is a full-time, project regular position for an estimated duration of 20 months (April 2021).
The job …
Get ready. We are seeking a dynamic colleague to join our Enterprise Information Governance (EIG) Program team, focused on developing improvements to the Information Protection function. You will partner with the Senior Advisor to directly support SCE's Privacy Compliance Program, by assisting with the implementation of controls to ensure personal information is appropriately handled and stored according to company policies.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Develop or update Privacy related Policy and Procedures for all SCE employees.
* Collaborate with internal and external legal counsel to intake and interpret privacy requirements and develop data privacy controls.
* Work with IT and Cybersecurity to design and develop technical controls for protecting SCE's Private data.
* Lead training and outreach with all OUs across the Company to ensure compliance and alignment to data privacy requirements.
* Participate in implementation of new or upcoming major projects to fulfill regulations such as the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018.
* Handle the documentation requested by an external auditor for the 2019 triennial Smart Grid and Security audit.
* Assist with migrating requirements and controls into the Enterprise Compliance Management System (EMCS).
Detailed stuff you'll be doing …
* Develop Privacy controls and coordinate their implementation to all impacted company-wide organizational units.
* Identify and implement standard methodologies for handling data privacy including data minimization and loss prevention.
* Develop meaningful communications and training to drive adoption of Privacy across impacted organizational units, to reduce risk of data breaches and ensure compliance.
* Partner with multi-functional data privacy leads, IT Cybersecurity to monitor, measure and report on the performance data privacy program.
* Expand ECMS privacy catalog to intake identified controls, such as Telecom, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and HIPAA regulations and controls.
* Conduct ECMS control testing.
* Assist with uploading past privacy incidents into the new controls structure.
* Act as a back to Privacy Sr. Advisor (E&C) in all matters including supporting a potential breaches or similar events.
Qualifications you need …
You have a Bachelor's degree or higher, in Business, Information Management, Library and Information Science, or a related discipline. You have seven (7) or more years of experience with a significant emphasis in data privacy compliance combined with excellent knowledge of developing policies, procedural and technical controls.
* Experience with federal and state laws and regulations related to Privacy.
* Experience developing privacy policies and procedures.
* Experience consulting on business issues, including gathering and analyzing information, independently identifying client records management needs, developing action plans and providing recommendations to partners.
* Five (5) or more years of experience with Microsoft Office productivity software applications (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
Other stuff that will set you up for success …
* Certifications from related industry associations such as ISACA in information and privacy protection.
* Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP).
* Experience in data loss prevention (DLP) strategies, tools and processes.
* Broad understanding of public utility industry operations, project management.
* Experience with NERC CIP Information Protection Program (IPP) regulations.
* Experience with industry standard methodologies, including Fair Information Practices Principles (FIPPs), Fair Information Processing Standard (FIPS), FedRAMP and other industry standards for information protection.
* Experience developing training materials.
* Experience with electric utilities operations data.
* Superb communication skills.
You should know …
* Relocation is not available for this position.
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* This is a full-time, project regular position for an estimated duration of 20 months (ending April 2021). This position is eligible for company benefits and incentives during the duration of the assignment.
* We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.