ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organization (T&D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Senior GIS Technical Specialist will be part of the Geospatial Analysis group in Real Properties within the Transmission & Distribution Organization Unit (OU). The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of GIS Services for all OU's by interfacing with internal/external clients to assess project requirements; create high-end analytical and cartographic map products utilizing various data types and sources including satellite imagery/aerial photography; performing geospatial analysis for maps and/or reports; acquiring data from various sources; creating, maintaining, and documenting metadata, development of online mapping tools (e.g. ArcGIS Online and Survey123), and assisting with the creation and maintenance of GIS-based web services and web mapping applications. This position will also include the design, modeling, implementation, and maintenance of geospatial databases and identifying and evaluating potential GIS applications and tools to improve operational efficiency and integration of location-based information. In addition, this position will be supporting various major capital projects and providing support for fire mitigation and environmental analysis.
Typical Responsibilities Will Include:
* Leads or participates as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on departmental/business unit initiatives, special projects, and Major Project Organization (MPO) capital projects. Provides functional direction to (GIS) specialists on such projects.
* Designs, models, implements, and maintains geospatial databases. Identifies and evaluates potential GIS applications and tools to improve operational efficiency and integration of location-based information. Develops tools and procedures to automate and/or improve efficiency of operations.
* Performs in-depth analyses, develops recommendations to address complex customer and/or Company problems/issues which cross organizational boundaries that requires thorough technical knowledge to resolve.
* Provides training and coaching to stakeholders to familiarize geodatabase design, functionality, and usage.
* Creates analytical and cartographic map products utilizing various data types and sources including satellite imagery/aerial photography.
* Publishes and maintains hosted web layers and services using ArcGIS Online.
* May require travel to local site locations and work extended days, including weekends.
* 5 or more years of experience in the field performing complex analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations on GIS processes and solutions.
* 5 or more years of experience in geodatabase design and management, cartography, web mapping, and spatial analysis.
* Bachelor Degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science with an emphasis in GIS, or other specialized field.
* Master's Degree or current enrollment in a Master's Degree Program in Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science with an emphasis in GIS.
* Specialized GIS certification.
* Demonstrated leadership and project management experience, including an ability to interface with clients to assess project requirements and to plan, organize, track and meet scheduled project deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to estimate and manage time and diverse activities while delivering quality results within budget.
* Strong oral and written communication skills including an ability to represent the organization and collaborate with internal and external business partners.
* Ability to produce technical documentation and to communicate technical approaches clearly and concisely.
* Experience in geodatabase design, cartographic standards, and usage of peripherals such as plotters and scanners.
* Attention to detail, customer focus, teamwork, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience with enterprise level geodatabase development and management.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of ESRI ArcGIS 10.0 or higher, ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, Survey123, Collector, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software applications.
* Experience with relational databases such as Oracle and ArcSDE.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.