Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About our Team…
Edison Carrier Solutions (ECS), an organization of Southern California Edison (SCE), is a high-reaching local exchange carrier focused on the wholesale carrier and large business market offering high capacity telecommunications transport, Internet and special access services. Our customers are regional, national and international telecommunication carriers, cable television and satellite providers, wireless companies, internet service providers, governments and large and medium enterprises.
You are a Telecommunications Network Engineering professional with a passion of partnering directly with customers. You are an adaptive standout colleague that enjoys working multi-functional team partners to deliver solutions. You are passionate about a role that will provide you with the rewarding challenge of working with groundbreaking network technology. You wear many hats. You are part technical guru, trainer, and advisor.
You will be a member of our Network Architecture/Engineering and Operations division of ECS. Your responsibilities will center on supporting and processing complex technical projects associated with design, installation, optimization and technical support of our ECS solutions network.
Your Typical Responsibilities and Areas of Focus Will Include…
* Direct or perform engineering tasks associated with a critical engineering project or a number of small projects with many complex features.
* Lead the evaluation, development, and implementation of capital projects that have moderate financial and operational impact.
* You may provide training and direction to other Engineers.
* Design, document, and handle the installation of new transport facilities in support of new customer orders requesting service.
* Monitor the utilization of transport and fiber optic capacity and design new capacity as needed to accommodate network growth.
* Design, implement and support SONET, DWDM, Ethernet, and MPLS networks.
* Meet with new and established customers in order to understand their technical needs.
* Develop and communicate transport solutions to meet the network growth and customer requirements.
* Work with suppliers and vendors to understand future trends in telecommunication technology and incorporate the understanding in future design and consideration.
* Serve on a rotating call out for resolution of tech issues and serve as a resource for the resolution of technical issues regarding network equipment.
Qualifications you need …
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Telecommunications, or similar technical discipline.
* Eight (8) or more years of network telecommunications engineering experience.
Other qualifications and skills that will set you up for success …
* Two (2) or more years of experience with telecommunication equipment and system.
* Three (3) or more years of experience in the network engineering design, implementation, and troubleshooting of data networking Routers & Switches and/or Ethernet.
* Two (2) or more years of experience with system design of SONET and/or DWDM technologies and fiber optics network design.
* Two (2) or more years of experience with engineering databases, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience with telecommunications carrier standards and terminology.
* Working knowledge of carrier customers' network needs with the ability to produce an engineered solution that meets those needs while operating within both time and cost constraints.
* Ability to build and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
* Experience in analyzing information and making decisions/ recommendations.
* Experience in executing projects and leading multi-functional project teams.
* Knowledge of and experience with codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform installations and services in the field of telecommunication.
* Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and handle multiple projects concurrently.
* Ability to be versed on future trends and new technological advances and products in the telecommunications field.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* The primary work location for this position is Pomona; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to travel to various Southern California Edison sites (Frequency of Travel: 10%).
* This position may require additional on-call support and after hours duty.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
* We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.