ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
You will analyze, configure, maintain, and restore storage and backup infrastructure and supporting components. This may include SAN or SAN fabric infrastructure components. The hardware portfolio includes CISCO MDS SAN Switches, IBM Tape Libraries, HP & IBM storage, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager backup infrastructure, as well as GE Power on (BKRC) Backup utilities. Serving as the Systems Administrator, Storage Support, you will perform a wide variety of tasks including assisting with hardware evaluation, infrastructure maintenance (i.e., Firmware/ Software upgrades/patches), Incident response and restoration, and installation support to ensure storage and backup availability and reliability. You will provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding configurations and installations, including but is not limited to, hands-on experience in storage provisioning, storage performance management, storage capacity management, Backup and recovery, tape library management, load balancing, failed backup monitoring. You will prepare and maintain up to date documentation for configuration of deployed solutions. Serving in this role, you will troubleshoot and assist in locating root causes of network incidents. This position plays an instrumental role in supporting complex technical solutions. Please note, this role serves in an on-call capacity.
* Supports the implementation of large, complex, corporate storage and backup solutions and infrastructure diagrams.
* Provides backup and recovery services; manages file systems and disk space; and troubleshoot issues related to backup/restore, and storage on a routine basis.
* Perform analysis using knowledge of infrastructure configuration and capability, application flows, and use of monitoring tools.
* Document operational processes and procedures.
* Provides training and direction to junior staff on complex issues as well as storage and backup technologies.
* Ensuring maintenance and support activities are in compliance with NERC CIP.
* Support patching, compliance, and audit activities.
* Coordinating activities involving clients, IT teams, and vendors in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of our systems.
* Providing after-hours and tier-2 support.
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Three (3) or more years of overall IT experience supporting storage infrastructure including: SAN, NAS, direct attached storage.
* Three (3) or more years of experience in implementing, maintaining, and administering enterprise backup infrastructure including: Disk Pools, Tape Libraries, Backup schedules, Backup policies, restorations supporting physical and virtual server clients. Applying formal processes and procedures for implementing any changes into production.
* Able to travel throughout SCE's service territory to perform maintenance tasks as needed.
* Available for on-call duties including scheduled and unscheduled evening and weekend work.
* Experience with Storage Administration including: storage provisioning, expanding, physical and virtual server clients.
* Experience with SAN Zoning, Fiber connectivity, capacity planning, and performance management and applying formal processes and procedures for implementing any changes into production.
* Experience performing in-depth analysis of the highest level technical issues.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or similar technical major/ discipline.
* NERC/CIP experience
* Three (3) or more years of experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* This position will require on call/after hour support.
* This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.