ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The TPA Technical Specialist will engage with multiple individuals and teams at various levels, interacting with peers and supervisors on a daily basis to complete assigned tasks. They will maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, while advising and analyzing in order to provide direction and guidance. The Technical Specialist will make frequent decisions (day‐to‐day) related to pole loading statuses and will communicate regularly with internal and external customers. The Technical Specialist will primarily follow a prescribed course of action to complete tasks. However, for any unique issues that may arise, they will be expected to develop their own course of action. The Technical Specialist will ensure work is reviewed accurately and in compliance with company safety requirements and compliance with GO95.
* Coordinate activities with other internal personnel and/or organizations to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through of policies, procedures, rules, and completion dates applicable to his/her assigned projects.
* As a subject matter expert in pole loading and SPIDACalc, they may field verify and/or perform office reviews for high priority pole attachment requests.
* Make sound decisions while organizing, developing and implementing strategies to execute work in a cost efficient and effective manner.
* Follow prescribed courses of action or develop own course of action for unique issues; may provide technical support services to internal and external customers.
* Having the technical skills to identify and be comfortable with reporting errors if found.
* Ability to recognize and report (using CSS) emergent field conditions.
* Organizing work, making sound decisions, and developing and implementing strategies to execute work on time and in the most productive and cost efficient manner possible.
* Following prescribed courses of action or developing own course of action for unique issues; may provide technical support services to internal and external customers.
* Identify ways to streamline assessment processes and procedures.
* Recognize and report emergent field conditions.
* Utilize SAP for notification review, structure record and measurement document (MDoc) information gathering, and data discrepancy research.
* Utilize several computer applications (e.g., SAP, eWorld, Google Earth Pro, CSS, Design Manager) and possible field visits, to interpret and make recommendations regarding missing and/or mismatch structure records.
* Establish and maintain a high standard of excellence, communicating frequently and openly while engaging others in the solution of system problems and responding professionally to personnel requirements.
* Take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results.
* Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment - internal and external (external will be accomplished by occasionally performing safety inspections of contractor's field tech's and providing training).
* Integrate work across different work groups and contractors, employing business and services that enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, managing risks appropriately, managing information, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.
* Effective decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Three years of Planning or Analyst experience.
* Two years of experience using Spida or O-calc.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel and MS Word (for notification and structured record review).
* Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license.
* Associate Degree in Engineering, Business, or Technical Discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* A successful graduate from Service Planner Development Program (SPDP) OR possesses one or more years of experience in Electrical Utility Distribution Design, Transmission Design, Distribution Line construction, or Electrical Engineering discipline.
* Experience using the following computer applications: Design Manager, SAP, SPIDACalc, SPIDAMin, eWorld (FIM), Google Earth Pro.
* Demonstrated experience dealing with a variety of field conditions and customers issues.
* Demonstrated experience with analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Experience inputting trouble orders online using CSS.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* Must be willing to travel (10 - 20%) throughout SCE territory using company and/or personally owned vehicle.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.