ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Senior Data Network Engineer will interface with internal and external clients to estimate and design additions to the Enterprise and Grid Data communication networks for company operations, ensuring secure, continuous network connectivity in the enterprise and grid networks. This person will also be requesting outages and changes through the approved process and provide compliance documentation as needed.
* Ensuring customer requirements are satisfied by confirming that technology is appropriately deployed in delivering communications and networking solutions.
* Guiding programs and projects in network implementation efforts.
* Developing new network communication technology solutions based on requirements.
* Preparing architecture and design documentation of network additions for implementation.
* Participating in the Architecture, Engineering & Design Center of Competency in a capacity appropriate for his/her technology practice area.
* Scanning the environment for new technologies and performing analysis to determine their relevance to the Southern California Edison network.
* Researching, piloting, and selecting specific products and technologies based on network and security domain roadmaps.
* Developing specifications and making recommendations to the Network Architect
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
* The candidate may be called upon to act as a second level resource for resolution of operational issues when required.
* This position requires frequent travel (weekly basis), and some overnight travel (typically a monthly basis).
* Seven (7) years' of experience in network engineering design and implementation in a large enterprise environment.
* Strong Cisco network engineering experience.
* Experience with firewall, routers, and switches.
* Valid driver's license and insurance.
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Computer Information Systems or a related field.
* Current and valid Cisco Certification such as CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE.
* Experience with multiple networking disciplines to design/ engineer/ implement/ troubleshoot complex networks.
* Design and implementation experience in one or more of the following areas typically deployed for electric utility telecommunication networks: Optical transmission (SONET and/or DWDM) networks; Fixed/Mobile Wireless networks including IEEE 802.11.
* Knowledge of electric utility operations and SCADA systems.
* Experience with Security and load balancers.
* Management mastery, including effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
* Strong personal mastery, including ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
* Knowledge of Southern California Edison's network architecture and components supplied by major vendors.
* Familiarity with engineering software (Visio or AutoCAD).
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* Position will require frequent travel up to 25% travel within SCE's Service territory Region.
* This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.