The TJX Companies
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
Project Manager responsible for leading projects within the IT Infrastructure and Operations group. Specific project areas will include: Supply Chain, Distribution Centers, and Workplace services.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Accountable for delivering new capabilities that drive business results on one or more medium to large sized, moderately to highly complex IT projects and/or programs from initialization through project close
* Effectively partners and influences in order to deliver scalable, optimized solutions
* Leads project and/or program activities following defined methodology (SDP/SDLC) and reports on status to ensure that assigned projects are completed on time, within approved budget, and provides desired business value
* Assigns and supervises multiple, concurrent tasks and properly assesses priorities of assigned activities and ensures integration of all dependent projects
* Responsible for timely and effective project communications including stakeholder and sponsor interactions, meeting management, and reporting.
* Complies with Sarbanes Oxley and PCI
* Manages project change control process with business sponsor ensuring any requested changes to scope are reviewed to assess impact on schedule, cost and resources
* Develops project or program strategies and enterprise level project plans and ensures that they align to the TJX business strategy
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Recommends solution approach to projects and/or programs
* Makes decisions and recommendations on policy changes, resource requirements, project schedules, solution options, and project budgets
Span of Control
* May be assigned to lead others (PM,BA, QA, Developers, etc.) and/or third parties
* Can operate in or with a matrixed environment
* Assigns and monitors tasks for project resources
* Responsible for managing and reporting on project team's performance
* Experience managing projects focused on Infrastructure & Operations is preferred
* Must have experience within Distribution Center/Manufacturing facility environment
* Must have the ability to travel (approximately 40%)
* Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively and apply problem solving, critical thinking skills
* Very strong organizational, presentation, and business partnering skills
* Great leadership, effective communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
* Recruitment and Interviewing skills
* Excellent ability to multi-task and alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
* Ability to handle large project and/or program workload
* Ability to assess project health at defined stage gates and provide critical analysis to support the decision to proceed or not to proceed with the project
* Outstanding ability to navigate between the art and science of project management
* Excellent knowledge of system development life cycle methodology and project management techniques
* Ability to use advanced Estimation techniques including PERT and CPM
* Expertise with financial, retail, human resource, or logistics systems
* Experience with MS office suite, MS Project, MS Visio
5+ years, PMP and or Prince2 preferred
BA, BS Preferred
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Project Manager, Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Technology, Retail, Fashion, Management, Operations
About The TJX Companies
The TJX Companies operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.