The Tjx Companies, Inc.
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense
We are looking for a Manager of Solution Delivery to join our North American Selling and Store Operations Solution Delivery team. Using knowledge of industry best practice and IT delivery leadership skills, you will help deliver solutions to our rapidly growing US and Canadian divisions.
The Manager of Solution Delivery will:
* Lead the Shared Services function for a multi-product delivery domain operating in an Agile delivery model for the North American Stores Solution Delivery team
* Establish structure, best practices, and staffing models for internal and external shared services teams
* Lead the DevOps practice for the domain. Establish strategy and priorities and execute enhancements
* Lead a Release Management practice that supports the full multi-product domain, delivering all solutions to production
* Lead the domain testing team, including execution of a transition to a managed service model, and growing test automation within the practice
* Owns releasing and deployment for all solutions that are delivered to North American Stores
* Partner with Infrastructure, Operations, Performance Engineering, Database, Server, Landscape, and other technical teams to support the needs of the domain
* Identify and execute efficiency an delivery improvements in all areas of responsibility
* Provide end-to-end management and delivery/technical oversight of the capabilities in assigned domain
* Work with business partners to understand business priorities and technology gaps
* Manage a project portfolio that addresses business and technical needs, achieving "On Time" and "On Budget" targets and customer scope and quality targets
* Ensures projects are properly sequenced based on business priority, dependencies, and team capacity; assigns resources to projects and other work assignments; manages demand vs. capacity gaps and resource contention issues
* Establishes standards for applicable capabilities, ensuring standards and best practices are published, maintained, and followed
* Partners with various teams within IT as needed to forge key agreements around solution approaches, operating principles, transition to production etc.
* Acts as first point of contact for business and technical requests, and an escalation point for issues not resolved at a lower level
* Maintains a resource plan for all required skills to assure availability of appropriately skilled staff. Addresses gaps and contention issues as needed.
* Manages respective disciplines throughout the lifecycle; identifies areas of opportunity for improvements, simplification and rationalization; builds and maintains vendor relationships
* Monitors solution delivery performance metrics, measures, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure quality and operational efficiency and effectiveness
* Monitors performance against domain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and conduct service reviews with business
* Conducts performance appraisals of staff and provides career guidance through regular coaching
* Special projects as needed
* Responsible for decisions that directly impact project timelines and budgets
* Reviews and approves requests for variance from standards; may review and approve project artifacts
* Assigns work groups to projects and other assignments; makes sourcing decisions to leverage third party resources when appropriate
* May participate in project board decisions on features/functionality, release strategy, etc.
* Makes personnel decisions including hire/fire, training, development, and disciplinary action when appropriate
* Champions IT driven initiatives to enable alignment to a domain roadmap or improve operational efficiencies or business effectiveness
* Acts as a key influencer of a decisions made within partner organizations
Span of Control
* May have 4-10 direct and/or 5-50 indirect reports
* May manage very senior individual contributors and/or other managers
* Deep knowledge of solution delivery lifecycle, including project management , business requirements, application development, testing, technologies/platforms, frameworks, and methodologies
* Strong knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies and tooling, DevOps, and Release Management
* Strong understanding of specialized skills necessary to deliver Stores technology solutions: system engineering, configuration management, data and database engineering, system architecture, infrastructure management, IT service management, security, etc.
* Recognized thought leader for one or more functional area, process, or technical capability within the domain
* Ability to lead, motivate, and direct multiple geographically distributed work groups comprised of disparate skills
* Strong performance management skills to include coaching, goal setting, holding team members and self accountable to commitments
* Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and fluid environment; remains calm under pressure, demonstrates excellent conflict management skills
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work up and down the organization; able to influence others and achieve results
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and or Information Systems or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of IT or relevant experience
* 3+ years leadership experience in people, technology, and systems
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA || TJX Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Merchandising, Information Systems, Computer Science, Fashion Retail, Engineering, Retail, Technology, Fashion
About The Tjx Companies, Inc.
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.