Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
TJX is looking for a Manager of Technology who is focused on Network technologies, implementations, engineering, and operations. We are hiring an individual who possesses market-leading skills in new technologies such as software-defined networking, traditional network infrastructure and automation. This role is key to our roadmap of network modernization that continually improves our current, foundational infrastructure while implementing new technology to enhance innovation for our customers and associates.
In addition to the strong technical skills needed for this position, the future associate would need to possess strong leadership qualities to provide direction to a global networking group with a wide range of skills and deep knowledge of the TJX business model. The development of strong relationships across the IT and business landscape is critical to the success of this role and the team.
* Works closely with architecture and business-facing teams to understand requirements, develop technology roadmaps, and use those tools to design and implement network infrastructure solutions that align with our standards and strategic direction. This includes SDN, Internet/Cloud, Security and Automation.
* Demonstrates a drive toward continuous improvement of the network infrastructure and researches/recommends opportunities to adopt new technologies. Analyzes the impact of implementing new technologies into the IT infrastructure and develops integration plans. Demonstrates IT enterprise architecture best practices and methodologies and determines relevancy to the TJX IT and business organizations. Participates in the lifecycle planning of existing network assets.
* Possesses a strong understanding and adoption of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles to deliver quality implementations and services across the TJX network landscape. Demonstrated examples of quality delivery of network services from design to on-going operations/lifecycle.
* Educates and guides network engineers in industry and TJX best practices to align with the TJX Global IT priorities of Ensuring Stability, Enabling Growth, Developing Talent and Driving Efficiency. A strong understanding of current and leading-edge network technologies from key vendors such as Cisco, Fortinet, F5 and others are crucial. Ideally, the candidate demonstrates the acumen to work beyond core networking to partner across IT teams and the business to deliver solutions (examples include Security, Server, Storage and applications).
* The candidate demonstrates an understanding and behaviors that align with the TJX Cultural Factors that are critical to the success of the individual with TJX. TJX's strong culture and relationship-oriented operating model are key to becoming a successful associate.
* Demonstration of behaviors that align with the TJX Leadership Competencies. This role, while highly technical in nature, is a step in a journey to future leadership opportunities. While the successful candidate must show strong self-leadership, an interest in career development as a leader of others, or a leader of leaders will be key to future success for the candidate and TJX.
* Direct impact on multi-million dollar technology investments as part of our Network Modernization roadmap
* Works with the Architecture teams to develop technology standards, guidelines and frameworks
* Participates in the selection of, and decision-making of technology solutions
* Matches technology services to specific business architecture requirements
* Engineering and design of network solutions across the global network infrastructure
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
* 7+ years of overall IT experience proficient with Network technologies such as software-defined networking (SDN/SD-WAN/SD-LAN), WAN Optimization, Quality of Service (both policy based and performance based routing), and have experience with large, global enterprise routed WAN's
* which includes atleast 3 years f experience leading enterprise level projects
* Experience with all aspects f network technology including, but not limited to Data Center LAN, WiFi networks, network security and Global/Local Load Balancing
* Experience with Clud and Hybrid networks and Internet-based solutions are requirements (such as broadband and LTE
* Wrking knowledge of Software-Defined Networking
* Sund expertise of network security services such as Firewalls, IDS / IPS, Proxy, etc.
* Experience f Voice and Video (CCTV and Video Conferencing) systems are a benefit
* Track recrd of showing an unbiased attitude toward specific technologies or vendor solutions
* Strong leadership and collaboration skills
* Focused on long-term results
* Understanding of IT organizational culture and how to appropriately respond to points of resistance
* Ability to articulate a vision to motivate key stakeholders
* Ability to understand the big picture and the short term perspectives of specific situations
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Excellent analytical and technical skills
* Strong learning skills
* Strong business perspective
* Strong communications skills to deliver quality documentation and training
* Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
* Deep knowledge of IT principles and processes
* Ability to quickly comprehend the capabilities of new technology and network services
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
* Ability to quickly understand current implementations to recommend changes that will drive continuous improvement
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Network, Merchandising, Engineer, Technology, Retail, Engineering
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.