Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
The Cyber Defense Lead is a senior role within Security Operations responsible for managing the daily mission of defending TJX against cyber threats by identifying and triaging security incidents. The ideal person in this role brings experience in investigating network and endpoint intrusions, as well as in-depth experience handling security incidents. They will also bring thought leadership and strategy to the cyber defense practice at TJX.
In addition to leading the team in prioritizing responses to structured alerts the Cyber Defense Lead will triage event escalation and coordinate incident response procedures. This role must be able to solve moderately complex problems independently and know when to escalate issues to senior management. The individual will work with multiple technology platforms and interface with other groups within IT Security Operations, offshore partners, and other technology and business functions. Additional responsibilities include training of global team, develop Incident Response playbooks and track KPIs.
* Lead investigations and incident handling process while reporting to senior leadership with periodic updates
* Develop standard operating procedures and response plans
* Day-to-day oversight of security monitoring program
* Manage team of 5+ and mentor junior analysts to develop security skillsets
* Coordinate prioritization of level 1/2/3 Security alert monitoring and triage for (MSSP, 24x7 team)
* Infuse team with mindset of Proactive response rather than reactive - Find the attacker before they find us
* Whether during daily operations or Incident response this role will be expected to influence other organizations and work to improve cross-organization collaboration
* Stay up to date with current security vulnerabilities and attacks
* Interfaces with user community and assists with IT security needs and projects
* Oversee root cause analysis of complex security issues and determines the best course of action to remedy the problem
* Recommends new policies and procedures to management and has wide latitude to devise on the best course of action for new procedures, proactively and as a result of any root cause findings
* Recommends course of action for identification, triage, containment, and eradication strategy of active threats
* Performs other duties as required
* Intermediate-level understanding of computer security concepts including Identity & Access Management, Network Security, Application Security, and Incident Management
* 7+ years in IT Security environment or equivalent
* 1-3 years of SOC or Incident Response management experience
* A moderate understanding of networking concepts and protocols (such as DNS, SMTP, FTP, SSL, etc.)
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology industry trends and emerging technologies and an ability to relate them to the company and its objectives
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Intermediate knowledge of tools and products used in day-to-day performance of job responsibilities (e.g., IDS/IPS, EDR, SIEM)
* Excellent aptitude for problem solving and IT Security
* Familiar with IT Regulations, PCI/Sarbanes-Oxley/Mass Privacy laws
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* Relevant industry certification a preferred (GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GCFA, CEH)
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA || TJX Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Manager, Fashion Retail, Network Security, Garment, Retail, Management, Fashion, Security
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.