About Our Team…
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
You are a creative and dynamic team player, someone who thinks outside of the box. Someone who strives to learn new things and share that knowledge with team members. You are that rare blend of highly refined Business Solutions Architect and customer facing liaison. You are part mentor/team lead, strategist, and a bit of a perpetual student - you have a hunger for new and innovative ideas, and the ability to shape those ideas into actionable strategies and tactical executions. A true collaborator, this role requires someone who has an enterprising spirit, willing to go above and beyond to help ensure the project and everyone involved achieve success.
You will work alongside some of the most talented and knowledgeable IT minds at SCE to deliver world-class solutions to our business customers in the field operations. You will help customers define their business vision and roadmap by leveraging your in-depth industry knowledge, interpretation of business challenges, understanding of key stakeholder needs, and functional solution design expertise. You will serve in a multi-dimensional role advising our business customers on business processes and data quality considerations, leveraging best practices and software solution to suit the customers' needs. You will represent our Customer Service, Power Supply and Enterprise Customer Service, Power Supply and Enterprise team's interests throughout the design and development stages of projects to ensure the customer's needs and the technical design are in synch for the best possible outcomes. You will play the lead in:
* Understanding the client's business requirements and priorities.
* Collaborating with the client to have clearly documented and signed-off user stories and use cases.
* Guiding the project's success in delivering client-approved requirements on time and within budget.
* Driving the project based on client's priorities.
* Working closely with the client to clearly explain and document software defects.
* Prioritizing requirements for the development team to create specifications.
* Clarifying requirements for the SCE IT team: Architects, Engineers, Developers, Project Manager, etc.
* Managing the client's expectations on project scope and schedule.
Your Typical Responsibilities and Areas of Focus Will Include…
* Adhering to ITOM Requirements Gathering and Development methodologies.
* Continually refining user stories and use cases for upcoming sprints.
* Leading meetings to clarify requirements with the client and for the Development Team.
* Maintaining requirements matrix for specifications, development, and testing.
* Reviewing technical specifications and cross-check against requirements.
* Providing feedback on QA test cases and test results.
Qualifications you will need…
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Seven (7) years of experience in defining system requirements, project scope, and performing cost/benefit analysis.
* Five (5) years of experience partnering with internal and external customers, translating business requirements into detailed technical requirements, roadmaps, and test scripts.
* Experience with ITOM Requirements Gathering and Development methodologies.
* Ability to effectively implement solutions within a diverse technical team of Clients, Architects, QA Engineers, Developers, and Project Managers.
Other skills and qualifications that are a plus …
* Technical project management experience.
* Effective resource and project planning, decision-making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay ahead of trends in relevant technology and innovation.
* Experience working within an Agile process, as it relates to requirements gathering, development, and testing of software.
You should know …
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA.
* There will be 2 vacancies for this posting.
The people here at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We are fueling the kind of innovation that is changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. You'll have a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the world.
'SCE serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. As a company, we have big dreams and we know nothing big is ever accomplished alone. Join one of the nation's leading electric utilities in making sure California, and all of us who live here, shine bright.
At SCE we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.