ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Information Technology (IT)
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
As a Senior Analytics Architect & Data Engineer, you work with the Senior Information and Analytics Manager to develop and socialize business analytics strategy, roadmap, and architecture with emphasis on SAP analytical landscape (SAP Hana, BW, Business Objects, SAP predictive modeling etc.). You partner with business leaders to translate business strategy and requirements into analytical strategy, architecture & solutions that align with enterprise architecture frameworks and strategic direction in technical and business environments. You work with the business analytics SME's and data scientists to perform extensive data engineering activities for advanced analytics use cases.
In addition, you are responsible for modeling complex analytical problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, data mining and various visualization tools and techniques. In addition to advanced analytical skills, you should be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized DataMart's and analytical solutions, overseeing analytical solutions deployment, and communicating results. You'll be driving the continuous improvement of business analytics technical capabilities, client consultations, defining analytics requirements, analytics solution evaluations/recommendations, impact assessments, rapid solution prototyping, planning data acquisition and preparation for advanced analytics. The work also involves collaborating with business leaders to translate business strategy and requirements into analytical strategy, architecture & solutions that align with enterprise architecture frameworks and strategic direction.
* Develop and socialize business analytics strategy, roadmap, and architecture.
* Make recommendations for strategic and project architecture, solution design, development and implementation for analytics solutions.
* Drive continuous improvement of business analytics technical capabilities specifically for SAP analytics landscape (Hana, SAP BW, Business Objects toolsets).
* Client consultations, technical solution evaluations, recommendations, impact assessments for analytics solutions.
* Architect and design data warehouse/mart solutions spanning SAP BW and Hadoop landscape.
* Be a data champion for IT and non IT clients specifically for SAP BW data landscape
* Make strategic recommendations on data acquisition from internal and external sources, data preparation, integration, data quality, and data exploration.
* Develop and recommend data sampling and data cleaning techniques, specifications and approaches.
* Define data requirements, plan and design data acquisition and preparation for specific advanced analytics use cases.
* Facilitate acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets.
* Develop and promote best practices for analyzing very large data sets.
* Develop solution prototypes for analytics use cases.
* Use machine learning, data mining, and visualization tools and techniques to develop business insights.
* Keep abreast of new and current data science and big data techniques and develop approaches to adopt them.
* Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or Information Sciences or related technical discipline.
* Seven (7) years of IT or technical experience.
* Experience in data modeling, architecting and designing data warehouses/data marts and reporting, dashboarding, and advanced analytics solutions.
* Proficiency in BI tools and technologies such as SAP BW, SAP Business Objects, HANA, HANA Predictive Analytics Library (PAL), SAP Predictive Modeling.
* Experience in data engineering, data mining, large scale data acquisition, transformation and cleaning both structured and unstructured data.
* Master's Degree in Data Science / Computer Science.
* Experience with SAP Hana and Hadoop ecosystem (eg. HBase, Spark, Impala, Pig, Hive, etc.)
* Experience with NoSQL database technologies (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB)
* Experience with SAS and Power BI analytical tools
* Experience with cloud computing
* Experience with Python, SCALA, R
* 5 years of experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions in a regulated utility environment.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Position will require up to 15% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.