How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Help Desk/Systems Administrator will be providing tier I/II support to operations and development teams supporting the Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC) program on the Business and Development Tools team. The Help Desk team of System Administrators support work on large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant cloud based systems in a mixed Linux/Windows based environment. The team utilizes their trouble shooting skills in Active Directory, Google G Suite, GIT and AWS to enhance a Platform as a Service (IaaS) development environment. This team seeks to continuously improve the state of the running system. This is a diverse team of highly skilled operators who are co-located with the software development teams embrace Agile and DevOps to pioneer a radically new concept for rapid delivery of software mission capabilities to Air Force programs.
As a Help Desk Administrator you will be part of an Air Force led integration team and responsible for maintaining and enhancing identity management, support applications, and operating systems in AWS. You will also be responsible for understanding business processes and integrating key tools into these processes.
Primary work location will be AF Kessel Run facility in downtown Boston, MA
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
* Implement and manage Active Directory Federation Services and Group policies
* Maintain AWS environments
* Manage virtualized Windows (2013 and above) and Linux systems in AWS
* Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of operational management of monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking and storage
* Works closely with users in troubleshooting issues
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
* Experience in the administration of Windows Server 2013 or above and Linux
* Experieced in AWS environments
* Help Desk experience
* Working knowledge of networking concepts and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers/DNS/SSL/Firewalls/NAT/NTP
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting user access, Operating Systems and Applications
* Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution
* 6+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
* Proficient in administering GIT repositories
* Experience in business analysis and implementation of business technologies
* Experience with cloud based data storage and data backup
* Experience with Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
* Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
* Experience implementing and/or administering Single Sign On technologies such as Okta or OneLogin
* Professional Certifications such as: MCSA, Linux+, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Security +, CISSP, CCNA
* Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
* Experience administering Google G Suite
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.