Raytheon is looking for an experienced Systems Architect with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the SPONSOR infrastructure related business processes, namely, Collection, Analysis, Production and Dissemination. Develops future technology and architectural advancements to support CIO architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution.
Applies knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures these are consistent with the Agency CIO enterprise technical architecture (ETA) and Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA). Acts as an advisor and proposes changes to the ETA based on analysis of requirements and new technology. Works with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Designs and develops computer software possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business, and records management functions.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
* Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
* Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
* Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems.
* Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
* Develop or approve project plans, schedules, or budgets.
* Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
* Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or distributed system architectures.
* Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
* Document design specifications, installations instructions, and other system-related information.
* Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
* Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
* Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
* Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
* Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
* Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
* Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
* Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
* Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports or white papers.
* Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
* Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
* Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams.
* Train system users in system operation or maintenance.
* Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
* Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
* Develop application-specific software.
* Develop efficient and effective system controllers.
* Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
* Define, document, and maintain the system and network architecture within the organization.
* Work as a team lead or member to evaluate and make tactical and strategic recommendations for the system architecture, architecture of the hardware, communications, data security, messaging, applications, office automation, printing, administration, support, performance, and availability.
* Lead or participate as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
* Establish applicable standards and practices for development through the Developer's Forum(s) and the Agency Enterprise Technical Architecture.
* Provide guidance through support to developers on effects of bandwidth constraints on applications.
* Provide support staff daily supervision and direction.
* Develop plans for Information Technology (IT) systems from project inception to conclusion.
* Analyze the problem and the information to be processed.
* Define the problem, and develop system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed design, programs, and tests.
* Coordinate with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program according to system specifications.
* Develop, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
* Develop requirements for information systems from a project's inception to conclusion.
* Develop required specifications for simple to complex systems.
* Assist computer system analysts in preparing input and test data for a proposed system.
* Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of organizational-wide or large-scale information systems.
* Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
* Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
* Typically someone that is a recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others.
* Generally requires eight (8) years of experience with the duties, tasks, and responsibilities above.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor's Degree/IT and/or engineering related field
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E04 or E05 dependent on the experience.
133548BR 133548 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.