The Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Center is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems throughout their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, system safety, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. We have an immediate need for a System Safety Engineer with experience in multiple WLE disciplines to be a member of a team comprised of System Safety Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and Supportability Engineers.
Candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team as a System Safety Engineer, supporting multiple programs. Responsibilities include: develop / implement Hazardous Materials Management Program and manage the Hazard Database; represent System Safety needs in support of proposals; accomplish System Safety / Health Program planning / execution; Perform Safety / Health Hazard Analysis; perform fault tree analyses; generate Safety Assessment reports; and support Safety Certification. The individual will represent System Safety needs across the organization, and will be the prime contact on contracts and projects involving system safety activities, including presentations to multiple levels of Customer management. The individual will work to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results and will work independently on larger, moderately complex projects/ assignments. The candidate is expected to set objectives for own job.
* Minimum 2 years of related experience
* Experience applying technical expertise to multiple situations
* Knowledge of other related disciplines (Systems Engineering, Reliability Engineering) and analyses (requirements development, FMECA)
* Experience solving technical issues on complex electronic and/or electromechanical systems
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
* Experience working across multiple organizational levels
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Existing DoD Secret clearance
* Experience developing and executing a system safety program in accordance with MIL-STD-882
* Experience developing and executing a hazard tracking system
* Experience performing hardware and software system safety analyses
* Experience guiding a safety program from proposal development to successful completion
* Experience performing Fault Tree Analyses
* Ability to function well in a high pressure multi-tasking environment
* Database design and maintenance using Microsoft ACCESS
* Experience applying Human Systems Integration (HSI) concepts
* Aviation Safety Officer (ASO) experience or airborne platform experience
* Airborne radar and/or EO system experience
* BS degree in electrical or systems engineering, physics or related technical field.
* MS Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or related Technical Field.
140415BR 140415 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.