The Raytheon Space Systems Engineering organization within the Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Systems Engineering to lead our business growth activities in Dulles, VA. The Sr. Manager will support our Space Systems programs from a Modeling & Simulation and Government customer relationship perspective, in a leadership role. New business capture and proposals creation will be supported among other activities. This role is critical to develop and execute our programs and grow our business in the Dulles, VA location. The Senior Manager needs to have technical competence in space systems, work independently with program teams within all Raytheon Space programs across multiple mission areas, and understand and assess current and future system performance in the overall mission. The candidate must also be able to communicate with and understand government and commercial customer requirements for current and future programs. Understanding and influencing
Raytheon capabilities, expertise, customer engagement and competitive advantages is key to successful performance. The candidate will manage modeling, simulation and analysis efforts at mission and kill chain levels to aide Raytheon customers, programs and new business captures. Prior direct modeling and simulation experience is highly desired.
The Senior Manager of Systems Engineering will oversee and lead mission architecting approaches, and will need to be somebody who understands the customers' needs in the areas of Intelligence, Missile & Space Defense, Civil Space, Commercial Space, and the International customer market. The candidate will perform mission systems engineering activities in VA and is expected to bring back knowledge to the El Segundo Space Systems HQ on a regular basis, to support development, capture, technical execution, and modeling & simulation work. The candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to effectively interface with customers and be technically astute, and must also have strong business development experience, focused on understanding the customers' needs. The candidate will be tasked on a daily basis and must understand very well Raytheon's current space systems programs. The types of work the Sr. Manager of Systems Engineering will be expected to perform include:
* Perform modeling and simulation of space systems missions and equipment
* Develop architectures, requirements, test strategies, and verification plans
* Provide overall technical definition of program activities, budgets, and schedules for complex mission systems development, assembly, integration, and verification
* Communicate status, results and recovery plans to senior management and engineering teams
* Lead system engineering reviews and engineering analysis of space systems
* Support new business development efforts through participation in proposal generation
* SSBI Security Clearance Required
* Minimum of 12 years experience in space systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification
* Demonstrated leadership experience in the range of system engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, data analysis, and operations support
* Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
* Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
* Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Engineering leadership experience with space imaging technology
* Modeling and simulation of space systems
* Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
* IPTL & EVMS experience
BS in Engineering, Sciences, or Math
MS in Engineering, Sciences, or Management
137289BR 137289 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
SSBI - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.