Energy for What's Ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology "service provider." Many of the creative ideas and projects that craft the company's future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, crafting and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The Cybersecurity Risk, Senior Specialist will report to the Cybersecurity Risk Manager and will analyze and assess new technologies, make secure design recommendations and identify residual cybersecurity risk with technology implementations. The position will require collaboration with other cybersecurity teams such as incident response and engineering to help make risk based decisions to increase the cybersecurity risk posture of the Enterprise. Your participation in risk hunting activities will allow proactive identification of existing risks and your contributions will directly protect critical infrastructure.
Typical Responsibilities include:
* Conduct cybersecurity risk assessments on various technical solutions, vendors, software, and hardware for threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from standards or policies, identifies the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational environments.
* Research current industry vulnerabilities, and risk trends, and how they could impact the enterprise. Creates recommendations for mitigating controls or remediation activity.
* Help develop and maintain enterprise cybersecurity policies and standards. Collaboratively researching and making recommendations on security requirements for new and emerging technology.
* 5 years of technical experience in the field of Cybersecurity.
* Bachelor Degree in specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Security , CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GICSP, GRID, etc.
* You are legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* U.S. Citizenship required
* SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.