Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Data Integration Developer to join the Customer and Business Analytics department. This individual will have a passion for designing multi-dimensional data stores by integrating data from various data sources. These data stores will enable the Analytics Community at Bed Bath & Beyond by providing them information which is easy to access, timely and relevant.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for initiatives such as, Integration of multiple sources into subject area Data Sets, creating subject based SAS data sets (aka Data Marts). This individual will be expected to understand and implement processes that also support campaign management initiatives such as customer segmentation.
* Develop data acquisition, transformation and data load processes
* Maintain and enhance data integration processes already developed
* Support the Analytics Community by ensuring data quality (Accuracy, Completeness & Timeliness) of all analytics data sets
* Partner with IT to analyze the source data (EDW / DW) and develop automated data processes for data mart builds
* Mine and translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations for the operational and strategic business units
* Partner with the analytics community to understand their data needs and translate them into deliverables in the form of technical specs
Experience & Personal Qualities:
* Proven professional experience with database development and data analysis
* 5 - 7 years professional experience in developing analytics oriented data sets
* Expert knowledge of SQL (Teradata, Netezza)
* Experience with Data Integration Technologies such as SAS, ETL
* Experience developing data sets for Statistical Analysis
* Experience with prototyping & automating Data Integration Processes
* Experience with Unix / Linux shell scripting
* Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends (such as BIG QUERY and AZURE).
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
* Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
* Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
* A minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
About Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond operates a chain of retail stores selling a range of domestic merchandise and home furnishings.