Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond is actively seeking an Architect, POS Systems to join our Store Technologies team. The role will sit in our Union, NJ headquarters.
The POS team is responsible for managing and executing against the strategic roadmap of all customer facing technologies in stores including but not limited to POS, payment, and promotional systems.
The Architect for Point of Sale (POS) systems provides the context to the architecture and design of BBBY store technologies. Our POS architects are also subject matter experts of POS technologies, who design, recommend, and drive solutions to meet our business requirements and align with key strategies.
* Design, develop, and construct detailed architecture designs for store capabilities of the organization.
* Understand business requirements, constraints and current state, to propose solutions to ensure roadmap can adapt to changes and integrate with existing environment or propose changes to existing environment.
* Work with vendors to understand new solutions' limitations and capabilities.
* Work with internal delivery teams to ensure solutions align with roadmap and architecture.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent.
* 7-10 years of experience in a technical retail environment working in store technologies or comparable teams.
* Extensive experience in TLOG's, data integration with downstream applications, and impact of POS changes on different financial, legal, compliance, loss prevention, etc. applications.
* Extensive experience in designing solutions to improve customer experience for sales, returns, and exchanges.
* Extensive experience with payment systems (EMV, payment middleware, encryption, tokenization, settlement, offline scenarios, etc.).
* Extensive experience with different types of payment methods including credit, debit, gift cards (Both closed loop and open loop), PLCC, PayPal, AliPay, checks, etc. as well as different payment form factors like Tap N Go, contactless, swipe, EMV, Mobile, etc.
* Extensive experience with payment devices (pin pads, printers, registers, scanners).
* Demonstrated experience for systems architecture, design, and integration.
* Demonstrated experience for infrastructure engineering components (eg. OS, networks, device management, active directory, etc.).
* Solid understanding of PCI compliance and PII security.
* Understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
About Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond operates a chain of retail stores selling a range of domestic merchandise and home furnishings.